G1 morm

dos the g1 form afect my uk heath service for medication

whats a G1 form do you mean S1 - S1 form is the mechanism for UK pensioners to transfer your healthcare rights to Cyprus for mainly free healthcare - some costs still need to be paid.

Form S1: Registration for Health Care Cover
A person living in one EU country, insured in another, can register for health care cover with the S1 form. This applies to pensioners retiring abroad, as well as families of a person working abroad. An S1 form is available from your current health coverage provider.

thanks toon, my main question is do you loose all in uk ie, medication (repeat prescripions ) seeing a doctor when back in uk. i still have a house in scotland.

to be honest not sure but would think that if you transfer your UK pensioner rights via S1 to Cyprus then id think yes you would... how long do you spend here are you permanent ? do you have a yellow slip?

sadly..... id be pretty sure you cant have it both ways! but you could apply for the cyprus issued ehic and use that for emergency treatment  but the likes of repeat prescriptions and treatment you should be able to get that here - but as things are tightening up in UK and will undoubtedly get tighter when brexit happens id think it will be a big NO NO.

unless its treatment that is unavailable here

before moving permanently here i suggest you do more accurate research on wether or not the medication you need is available here as it may be that those medications you are used to getting free in UK may be chargeable to you here or even not available.

am sure if you ask at the DWP they will tell you exactly what the impacts are