Move to Netherlands

Hi guys,

So my names Rochelle, I'm 26 years old from Cheshire in England, I really really really would like to move other to the Netherlands but don't know where to start, I can't just drop everything and travel over and hope I will find a job whilst out there has I'm alot more sensible then that, is there anyway of applying for roles whilst not living in Netherlands currently?

Look forward to your feedback.

roch.malik1 wrote:

Hi guys,

So my names Rochelle, I'm 26 years old from Cheshire in England, I really really really would like to move other to the Netherlands but don't know where to start, I can't just drop everything and travel over and hope I will find a job whilst out there has I'm alot more sensible then that, is there anyway of applying for roles whilst not living in Netherlands currently?

Look forward to your feedback.

Hi Rochelle and welcome to the Forum. :)

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools link; select that and you'll get to access our Expat Guide, which contains articles you may find useful in planning your move.  Once you've read those, if you have any more specific questions, then come back to us.

I would strongly recommend you find work before you move; my advice is always that you'll need 4 things to achieve this:

1.  Luck.
2.  Relevant experience.
3.  Relevant qualifications
4.  Speak the local language

The more of those you have, the better chance you'll have of getting work.  My daughter did what you're planning just over a year ago and it worked for her; within a fortnight, she had a place to live and a good job; but she was very extremely lucky.

How many of the boxes do you tick?

Thank you I will take a look, I'm only applying for roles I do have the relevant experience in and currently learning the Dutch language.
Its just trying to find the right site which allows me to apply for roles.

roch.malik1 wrote:

Thank you I will take a look, I'm only applying for roles I do have the relevant experience in and currently learning the Dutch language.
Its just trying to find the right site which allows me to apply for roles.

The Dutch equivalent of agencies is "Uitzendbureau" and many companies use them to source workers, if you put that in Google, plus the name of the town you're interested in, you'll get a local search; word of warning, the websites are generally in Dutch, Google translate will help you a bit. 

What sort of work are you looking for; what are your qualifications/expertise?

Hi Rock.malik1,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that a new topic has been created with your post on the Netherlands forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla