Vietnamese citizenship for foreigner?

Has anybody tried to get their vietnamese nationality based on marriage? 🙈  And now mean people who don't have vn parents 😆

I'm lost and alone.  Can I adopt a Vietnam Parent?     :unsure

Somethings telling me that guys with names such as Waldo & Bazza may have a few hurdles to jump trying to become a Vietnamese.

There are some benefits though......

You'll get one of those really cool passports that only allow you into countries where people still eat with sticks.

Aghast!!!      There is no hope for this hurdler...    :o

..so that's my (real) problem..?

I (still, sadly,) struggle to survive using said sticks

Like me, my fingers are fumbly      :huh:

One foreigner previously married to a VN woman in Khanh Hoa did try and get citizenship, but gave up after 10 or 15 years.

Bazza139 wrote:

I'm lost and alone.  Can I adopt a Vietnam Parent?     :unsure

You may be in luck Bazz.    Should you marry someone here,, parental adoption usually comes as part of the nuptials along with the whole DNA bloodline.

You will also become financially responsible for anyone they have ever met either north or south of the 17th parallel.   

That aside,  Yogi has heard ( and this is official) that should you build a hospital, airport runway, hydro Dam , dual carriage highway or similar infrastructure you can be " eligible" for permanent residency.

Worth thinking about Bazz.

Yogi doesn't think you could have slept tonight not knowing that. 😉

I had a friend also who was going through process, but unfortinatly he died in motorcycle accident before it was ready.

Well.. Yogi! Don't forget that you can choose yourself some cool vietnamese name ;) phuc dat bich

I'm referred to that way already Waldo.

Phouc dat Yogi .    He bad bear, very bad bear.

Grrrrr, Yogi would like to remind people to keep to the thread "topic" and cease these incessant digressions.
There's a three syllable word in there Bazz.     

Smarter than the average bear🐻🐻

I ride a bike too, but no one cares enough to run me over,
(probably 'cos I've been dun over a few times..?) 

Yeah, God hates me.   She does!   (I have proof!)

..as for Yog, (Hi there!)   The Haitch comes with audio
and H is part of the process...    And your controller, M,
knows full well just how irresponsible I am, so the Money
(yes. encrypted) has already been paid.  With interest.

In me.   Yep, modest me...

Top secret stuff, but yes, I am 006 and a half.   Around.
Just who do you think is (really) building those islands
and runways in the SCS..?     The CIA know nothing, so
keep it under the fur.

This message will not only self-destruct, but take a few
moderators too, to end their misery... 

60 secs and counting...      :whistle:

..but Bazza is Badder...      :mad:

..and he sleeps well...

Hush....the CIA.
Yogi thinks that guy Danang man and Cycleman are the same person.

They both have a thing about the CIA and smokers.

It's Ok, Yoda.   We (M & I) gotcha covered.

..just in case you were wondering about the fur...     :blink:

I will be taking on the biggest of all VN names....Y.

Hard to remember and hard to spell.  :dumbom:

My full name will be Y Do Dat.

(We)  Thank You for y/our invaluable input

The fun factor faculty needs You

It helps others to connect the dots

Dat's Y We Do Dat...       :huh:

I heard of one person who received Vietnamese Citizenship.  She was voluntarily in charge of a HCMC Orphanage for 20 years. Can't find it on the net anymore...... 
So, best of luck.

Hi,
Now I hold a permanent resident card (yellow one instead of blue for temp resident).
I did apply to get VN citizenship as I have been resident for a long time, married here with several investments.
It took me 18 months to gather all the proper documents with notarisation, translations and notarisation of the translations,...
After another 8 months I got a mail confirming that I could take the VN citizenship subject to surrendering my current one.
The only way to avoid having to surrender my actual citizenship is to get a letter from the President of Vietnam.
This was 3 years any and I was unable to get the letter from he president.
I also spoke a few times with the local authorities and they explained that they ONLY grand dual citizenship to people who were born Vietnamese or from Vietnamese parents.
Or by invitation of the President for great beneficial or heroic actions for the country.
I am about to divorce my wife, so I will loose by permanent resident card!
So my two kids have dual nationality, my soon to be ex-wife who got it too, and I only can reside in VN on temporary resident card when I have lived here for nearly 20 years.

This is really a heart-breaking story, which I can understand very well. I am living in VN 25 years and went through all what happened to you already. The best and only working thing is to setup here a legal consulting company or a Rep. office from HKK, where you can buy a cheap "mother" company according to the VN regulations. Pls. contact [email protected] - the top lawyer in VN/Hanoi to ask for somebody who is serious to help you out.  He is a business legal expert but might connect you acc. Best, Michael

Dear Michael, thank you for your message.
Actually my message might have come across wrongly: I am not in dire straights, I was just answering a question of someone who asked if it was possible to get VN citizenship and how.
I already have business investments here, so not problem for me to get a temporary resident card.
It's a bit unfair that after nearly 20 years of business and investments here in Vietnam, my ex wife to be and my two kids have dual passports, but I do not. But I'm not really complaining, I can live with it.
I'm very lucky that I separated with my wife on good terms and that the kids stayed with me!
I just think the supposing "reciprocity" diplomatic policy of the VN government is not true.
But I love this country.

YES: Money will do.

@FRANKV
So you have a PERMANTET  Resi Card, but you will loose it after Divorce??
Means, Permanent is not so really permanent, I think.

In the end, it is all temporary. As we are on this Planet.

"Pale Blue Dot"  (Carl Sagan) nails it neatly...