Philippine girl travel

Is it still very difficult  for a Filipina to leave the Philippines?

It depends where she want to go.

On holiday to other countries.

With her boyfriend.

garyww wrote:

Is it still very difficult  for a Filipina to leave the Philippines?

nope...is not difficult..its depends......the person...

depends if she has the proper documents/visa (if it requires) to travel outside the country..long as she is properly documented,has the means and willing..there should be no problem going anywhere,especially outside the country.

This July I took my Philippina lady friend for a holiday to Thailand. It was her first ever trip abroad. At Manila Immigration we were taken aside, she was interviewed individually then we were interviewed together. Though she is 25 there were questions about whether her parents/family knew she was going with me. Some questions were first directed at her in Tagalog then at me in English. We were asked about how long we had known each other and if I had met her family, etc. We were able to show on our phones LINE conversations dating back a long time and photos of us together with her family and of her family seeing us off at the airport.
They took photocopies of our passports and tickets and I had to complete a form stating where when why we were going and guaranteeing that she would be returned by a certain date. I was given a lecture stating that if she was not returned to the country by that date, I would face a permanent ban and possibly face charges of all sorts of things.
Sounds terrifying and as she is a rather shy, not exactly streetwise person it was for her. But we had all sorts of proofs and hey, it does help protect them

Buzzardman wrote:

This July I took my Philippina lady friend for a holiday to Thailand. It was her first ever trip abroad. At Manila Immigration we were taken aside, she was interviewed individually then we were interviewed together. Though she is 25 there were questions about whether her parents/family knew she was going with me. Some questions were first directed at her in Tagalog then at me in English. We were asked about how long we had known each other and if I had met her family, etc. We were able to show on our phones LINE conversations dating back a long time and photos of us together with her family and of her family seeing us off at the airport.
They took photocopies of our passports and tickets and I had to complete a form stating where when why we were going and guaranteeing that she would be returned by a certain date. I was given a lecture stating that if she was not returned to the country by that date, I would face a permanent ban and possibly face charges of all sorts of things.
Sounds terrifying and as she is a rather shy, not exactly streetwise person it was for her. But we had all sorts of proofs and hey, it does help protect them

its de same my situation...i was go back in Phil....for vacation with my boyfriend...but i change my passport before because just im torist in Thailand..after vacation...and  my boyfriend and I go back in Thailand a lot of interview in Immigration.......im lucky im pass on interview..even my heart is a lot of fear........so for the second time..always get CFO...for allowing to go other country with visa....

theres nothing to fear with those interviews,, theyre just trying to protect  the foreign and our fellow from all the possible bad things that could happen .like human trafficking,prostitution undocumented etc..but if you guys are honest and will abide by the immigration policies,there should be nothing to worry about..better that you and ur friend/bf/gf be well educated on these stuffs,read and know the important things u need to learn if u like to travel.Its always better to know the do's and don't.more enjoyable to travel and worry free.

I think you are absolutely correct Violet23. My lady friend was very scared by it because she is a rather shy sort of person and she was worried that her trip abroad that she had got very excited about might not happen. The Immigration Officer was actually quite gentle in her talking to her, though quite forceful speaking to me.
In light of all the human trafficking that does occur, I think it is a great thing that Immigration are doing there to help protect many often quite naive women.
We were a bit taken aback by it though as neither of us realised that this might happen. But our stories matched and we had all the photographic proof on our phones that we had been together for a while and that we had been together with her family and so on.

Philippines is the only place in Asia that the people cannot leave their country without a hassle. A bf has to actually go  there to pick them up which is an added expense.

the government is trying to protect their people and the foreigners as well.especially those who are first time to travel.some are too excited that they dont see the  d things that could happen or theyre getting into.as we all aware of,human trafficking ,drug mules,prostitution are one reason for these actions,,but as long as you got proper documents.good  and honest intentions and you can prove it,,whats there to be scared off? they are just trying to do their job

Other than it makes it very expensive to come there to bring them out.  Other countries give their people freedom to travel and make decisions for themselves. I can understand if the girl is 18 but after they are 21, they are supposed to be adults.  At what age does the government allow them to travel freely?

It's not difficult.  I for one has traveled a number of times outside the country.  I guess it all depends on one's circumstance (whether man or woman).

Yeah, sometimes the immigration can be unreasonable.  I THINK the red flags for the immigration are:
1.  Age/work
2.  Is it her first time to travel abroad?
3.  Is she traveling alone?
4.  Who will she travel with?
5.  Where did she come from?

So, If she's in her early 20s or even 30s, 1st time to travel abroad, traveling alone or with a foreigner, coming from the province or even in Manila, no work, her chances of getting offloaded might be high.  The government just wants to protect them --- us from human trafficking.  Hope this helps.