First month in Malta - Essentials to Buy

Hello, Expats!

My partner and I are moving to Malta next month - finally! We will be staying in the apartment my partner's company will provide for us for a month, after which we will move to our own place. I wanted your advice based on your experience regarding the necessary things we should buy as soon as we come that cannot wait for moving to another flat. I'm trying to make a shopping list and we definitely don't want to carry things we won't use on daily basis. We don't know what the company's apartment is equipped with, so we will be making a list as if we only had plates, cutlery and sheets.

What are your MUST HAVE items you would recommend me put on the list?

Thanks!

If you are coming in Jan / feb - some form of heating as it gets quite cold indoors with the cold floors etc. Might need to invest in rugs and things like that to heat up the place when you move also.

As the apartment provided by your company is likely to be a holiday let it would normally be fully equipped, so I would wait until you get here and then think what you might want to buy.

Ray

I've stayed in a lot of different fully furnished apartments in Malta all of the highest quality.....however, none of them had a strong decent can opener!! So bring one!

I agree also about rugs and some heating. A big fleecy throw for your sofa and or bed will be a necessity too!
😊

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!

We've stayed in a number of fully furnished apartments, too.

As has been said before, a can opener is good to have, as is a decent knife (we've never had an apartment where the knoves were sharp... always bought a new cooking knife, and left it there when we moved out...)

On two occasions, both in February, we also bought an electric heater.
Better yet, bring an electric blanket, the beds feel moist and cold in winter, and putting the electric blanket in the bed for 15 minutes before going to sleep really does the trick :)