Looking for English speaking friends in Mauritius

GENE78 wrote:

Hi Virgilio 1,

Every Saturday in Flic en Flac from 10 to 12 English speaking friends meet at Tidez. Everybody's welcome. We were happy to meet Tappan last Saturday.
See you
Geneviève

The pleasure was all mine to meet you wonderful ladies! :)

Leslie Jarret, for the expats Saturday morning coffee meet at Cafe Tidez is there easy / ample car parking space nearby? if you are about this Saturday 29th Apr I might look in quickly and say hello, but am on route somewhere else so it would be a quick intro. Regards Danny.

Hi dannygeere, though I'm not lesliejarrett i take the liberty to answer that there's lots of parking space right oppositeTidez.

See you quickly on Saturday
Geneviève

Hi Genevieve,
much appreciate the reply. I'm afraid since my earlier message I will have to defer the meet to a later date. I'm on a tight schedule Saturday morning passing through west coast on route to Le Morne and am required to be there earlier than planned.
I hope to make the coffee meet another time.
Many thanks for the info on parking availability. Hope you all have a great meet up on Saturday.
Regards Danny

Hi there!! One new more. I'm from Russia living in Bain boeuf. Is anybody here from grand baie area?

Hi all,
Hope you are going along. I am from the North and willing to give some free Creole coahing during meet-ups.
Please let me know if you are interested. Will also give hints about places to taste local food served in gastronimic menu.
Pascal

Yes am staying at trou oux biches. You want to hang out?

I'm from the North, Pointe Aux Piments (10 mins south of Grand Baie). I will be up there tonight if you are out and about. Trying to meet people is hard. I just moved here 3 weeks ago.

Hello there..i am also looking for some english speaking friends

Hi Cesar, did you make it to Mauritius?
I've been here around 8 months (from UK) although not yet got around to meeting any expats but hope to do so soon (I've been integrating with the Mauritian community until now and getting set up here). Hope you're settling in ok.

If the Saturday morning group will be at Cafe Tidez 27 May? I hope to look in and meet. Once again I'm passing by flic en flac on route south west of the island.

A lot of us are out of the country at the moment. As I don't live very far I might go at 10. Send me a message if you go.

Hi GENE78,
I missed your message earlier, but did go to Tidez, luckily I met Leslie Jarret and introduced myself and we had a bit of a natter and a coffee.
I will look in again on the Saturday coffee morning when I pass by that way. As I live on the east coast it's quite far for me unless I have other business on the west coast (which I do windsurf on the occasional weekend day at Le morne so that makes it possible if timing is right) I look forward to eventually meeting the other coffee group members in due course.
Regards Danny.

Hi Dannygeere, maybe we'll meet next Saturday.
Have a nice week
Genevièv

At least a new friend was made at Tidez on Saturday for me, very good conversation and shared interests in sport etc.

Hi everyone, I have been on the island for a week now and would really like to go out for a couple drinks with anyone interested. I've been living in Bermuda for the last few years where the normal past time is alcohol and socializing so am feeling the withdrawals! Im presently staying in Port Chambly so North side of the island would be better for me. PM me if interested!

Leslie Jarrett wrote:

At least a new friend was made at Tidez on Saturday for me, very good conversation and shared interests in sport etc.

Leslie, I thought we were suppose to go for photo walks!! ;)

We have weekly, monthly and random meet-up's around the island but mainly in the North, find us on Facebook ( expat meet-up Mauritius) or Meetup. Com for details of the event, all are free and anyone is welcome :)

would love to join your friendship network when I am in Mauritius.

Hi i can help you to get work in mauritius

Which type of work and conditions?

Hi Frankim.
I am a English speaking South African looking to immigrate to Mauritius.
Can you Advise
Robyn

Yes Xenia

Good evening am nearby Grand Bay

If you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me on

the following number ***
Regards

Jevin

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Heyy everyone,

I am in Quatre-Bornes if anyone is passing by just let me know.

Girish.

If anyone is at cafe Tidez, at Flic en flacq this morning I will look in around 10am. I'm passing by on route to Le morne so won't be too long at the cafe but it's an opportunity for me to meet you, if anyone from the coffee group is going to be there?
Please call me over if you are there and spot me (since I've not met you all. I'm wearing a two tone blue grey, long sleeve t shirt, with white colour arms.
(Will park car opposite cafe, my car has a lot of items on the car roof rack providing another item to facilitate identifying me).
Regards Danny.

Hello friend any contact no?

I am from South Africa and have been living here for 8 months now. What are you wishing to know? :)

Arrived, but no one around (was very short notice as it is) so will hope to meet next time.

Hi Dannygeere, I'm in France at the moment. I'll tell the other guys that you might come. Sorry I won't see you this time too.
Have a nice Saturday anyway.
Geneviève

!!

You guys still meeting up? I'd like to meet some fellow Anglophones.

Hi Gene78,

Thank you for replying, enjoy France.

Hi there

We live not far from you in Grand Baie and would like to meet up and chat if you are interested.  We are from here but have never lived here, having lived in Africa for almost all of our lives. Came here to retire in October last year.
Look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact us on phone number: ***

MARIE CLAIRE SWEETY THOMAS

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey guys!

Do you meet again next saturday at tidez?
I would like to join you for a drink

Cheers Matthias

Hi there,
Tomorrow Saturday at 10 at Tidez in Flic en Flac there's an international meetup. It'll also be Ganesh Shaturti celebration so there'll be a lot of traffic on the main road. The festivities on the public beach are worth seeing.
See you

Hi,
Wasn't sure on your comment "international meet up" referred to the expat meet up coffee group or another unrelated group?
Was thinking of dropping in too for coffee intro if it's still on ?
Regards
Danny

Hi Danny, it's the same group.
See you tomorrow.

Hi Mattias, it'll be nice to meet you tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarify reply... 😀

Great to meet Gene78, Tapan, Mattias, Hayley, Patricia today at Tidez. A very pleasant coffee meet. Hope to catch up again soon (I'm often passing that way on Saturdays)
Regards
Danny