What's a good salary for a family of 4 ???

Hi everyone

we will probably have 2 move 2 Qatar sometime this year, and we would like to know what's a good salary for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 babies). Will 5000 US $  be enough? We'll have the house paid, but not the electricity, water, etc.

How is life there? Is food expensive?

Thx

What about medical, school for your kids, car/transport allowance, flights home?

The question to ask is how much do you earn now, and what will your expenditure be? Do you have a mortgage to keep paying off back home for example?

Related with your living standard. But avaragely only accomodation is aroung 3000usd.

I am from NC,USA and just completed a contract job in Qatar. I would say $5000 is the minimum amount you would want to get. Food is not expensive but good housing is going to cost equal to what you would pay in the States, about $1500 to $2000 per month. The company should provide you with a car and gas. Are you working for a Qatari company or US? If Qatar company, then expect delays in pay from month to month, it is common. Also expect longer work hours beyond what was promised. Feel free to contact me for more info about Qatar.