Final medical

Hi...I'm newbie this forum, I would to ask that my agency required me to have a final  medical. The doctor was already gave an advised fit to travel.  I'm confused?

anyone? the same issue.

Thank you,

Mark

Hi Mark,

What country are you from?

Philippines, I was shock when she told me to have final medical, i just took it last year. The same medical clinic, but the medical fee is more higher that i was payed before..

Hi Mark,

It's unnecessary to take a medical twice with the same clinic.As far as i know, medical clearance validity is 3 months.

If your medical is already expired, then you are required.But if it is not, you talk to the agency.  Which accredited clinic you went to for your medical?

Hi ancient,

Safeway Medical clinic, I took it last month.

Hi Mark,

it's an accredited clinic. It's unreasonable to take a medical twice. Tell your employer about it so that they will raise this issue to the agency.

Hi ancient,

Should i tell my employer about it? it's the right thing to do? or the agency just to have cut of money?

Hi Mark,

Is your medical expense paid by your employer or from your pocket?Are you hired by the agency or your employer hired you directly and they just need an agency to process your exit clearance? If you are hired  directly by your employer and they paid for your medical expense, then it would be better to raise this issue to your employer.  On the other hand, if you are a direct recruit by the agency, i would suggest you follow their advise as they have their own policy also in terms of recruiting a filipino worker.You have to understand that it's their responsibility to the Employer and to the Government to deploy a "Fit to work" person that is why "Maybe" they require you to take a medical exam twice.