Close

Friends in Montpellier?

Hi everyone!

My name is Celia, I'm from Boston USA, and I've lived in Montpellier with my boyfriend since August. My boyfriend is French and I'm currently learning the language at a university here.

I've been finding it very difficult to make friends here because I don't speak the language too well and it's been very difficult and becoming increasingly so.

If anybody would like to start talking and then meet up at some point, just let me know, please!

Hi Celia

I'm in the same boat, I'm originally from New Zealand and don't speak alot of French but decide to move to Montpellier with my family. I love it here and understand how hard it is when you don't speak the language. Good on you for commiting to learn at the uni. I'm trying to find someone who will teach me privately but it's been a struggle so far and my girlfriend says she doesn't want to be my teacher.

Hi,

I'm in the same boat too. I moved here to be with my French boyfriend who is also reluctant to teach me.
Have you found a tutor?

Where in Nz are you from? I lived in Auckland for 11 years and Wellington for a bit.

Natalie

Go to meetup.com, and look for language exchange - there   are several  :-)
I live in Sète, which is too far away for evening meetings.

Hi Natalie

I was born in Whakatane but lived in Wellington for 14 or 15.
Have been here nearly a year and still have no French tutor. I have not been looking very hard as i have been very busy with work and family life but really need to get on to it. I feel bad everytime i meet someone and have to make excuses for my lack of French.

How are you getting on here? Any luck with a tutor?

Campbell

Expatriate health insurance in Montpellier

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Montpellier

Moving to Montpellier

Find tips from professionals about moving to Montpellier

Travel insurance in Montpellier

Enjoy stress-free travel to Montpellier

Flights to Montpellier

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Montpellier

2 million members!

Watch later