Phone networks

Seems like the networks  in Jakarta not only has become more expensive but also the signal has got a lot worse.

Using Telkomsel the price has always been more but the speeds were good but recently the speeds have dramatically reduced and they are bundling crappy HOOQ as well. Whilst HOOQ does contain some pretty good things to watch as I don't have a good signal then it's a waste of time.

I still can't get first media or any useful internet service in deepest darkest pancoran so a good 4g signal has been very useful up to now.

But on a positive note not having access to something larger than the view from my balcony means not having to endure all the nonsense press stories and social network malarkey ☺

The mix of services has been fluid of late meaning customers have been having a few issues.
I have a Telkomsel SIM card but it's only for calls as when I used it for data it was spammed to hell with total crap, even more so when I topped up the credit. I now get three SMS messages upon top up, only one being of any use. That number is still used, but not much because it's a pain.
My smartphone number is '3', a supplier that provides good signal in urban areas but can be a bit patchy in the villages. The internet access is generally fair, most of the time being good enough for Skype calls.
The amount of spam SMS has increased of late but I've blocked most of it and they stopped sending a lot after I went into one of their shops for a moan.
I stopped using first media's landline TV and internet service because it became very unreliable, but I have to be fair and suggest that was a local issue as the service in my last place was fine.
I used Bolt for internet for a while and it was fine for all the normal stuff but steaming was expensive. That's changed now bolt have introduced a quota free package.
I'm using that at the moment and am happy with it.

Perhaps it's also worth a note many mobile internet suppliers have followed Bolt's lead, now providing quota free plans.
I suspect they had little choice, but that's good news for the customers.