Aggressive Behaviour in Sosua

Yesterday I had some pretty unpleasant experiences while walking down
Pedro Clisante in Sosua Center.
Problem stems from the prostitutes who seem to be getting pretty aggressive and blatant of late.

I have no interest in this kind of thing, I only went to have a meal at a little German restaurant in Pedro Clisante I quite like, normally I go in the early evening,, but this time it was night.
Before I even got there I was groped at least twice by these types. Not a pleasant experience to be groped in one's private "bits and pieces"  in the middle of the street!
(To clarify it was the rear bit, not the front)
I am usually pretty broad-minded but that really is beyond the pale.

When I objected to that kind of behaviour I got a mouthful of abuse.

On the way back it got even worse. I saw 3 of them walking towards me and one of them started openly groping me in the street again. This time lost my temper a bit and pushed her out of the way, telling her to keep her bloody hands to herself, which got all 3 of them screeching and howling abuse.
Well, decided no point pushing it further so just left them standing there screeching, ... As we all know the Gringo is always at fault in this country, so decided to swallow my anger and  make an exit before things got out of control.

It's a bit much when a man can not go for a meal or drink without being blatantly groped in public like that. Just imagine what would happen to a man if he went around grabbing women in their private parts in the street, but it seems these aggressive prostitutes get away with it.
Well knowing the attitudes in this country guess it's unlikely anything will be done about it ,so I guess the only answer is to eat and drink in other parts of town.
That area is becoming a proper sleaze pit!

Yes this does occasionally happen but usually if you ignore them they ignore you. I have had this happen once to me about 5 years ago. None since or before

Bob K

This used to be normal in Sosua even for a female. A lot of work was done to control things.  Now it seems things are regressing. Its high season so lots of money to be made. 

Be very clear and polite,  walk around them,  be careful that one distracts and the other steals!  Happens in lots of different circumstances.

>Be very clear and polite,  walk around them

Mmh easier said then done, the two earlier incidents they came up from behind and said rear end was grabbed,  bloody irritating especially when you cant see it coming.

>Yes this does occasionally happen but usually if you ignore them they >ignore you

again as I said in last, easier said then done, those 3 mentioned never had chance to ignore them, Soon as they got level with me, one started groping Think its definitely got worse of late, dont remember it being that bad not so long ago. and its not occasionally any more, 3 times in one evening in the space of 90 min I would call frequent !

Sosua has about the most arrogant and aggessive of dominican gutter whores. When then did it to me, i just copped a feel myself.

It is unfortunate that this may be happening with greater frequency. I would be concerned if I retaliated (if I were a man) that some may falsely accuse me of abuse in order to manipulate me to pay them money. I would also be concerned if they were members of a larger group or organization that would not tolerate that treatment and decided to take measures to avoid their members from being treated that way. Or maybe they all just work individually.

Its difficult when they come up from behind you  tp.  I agree.

Next time  they touch you SCREAM at the top of your lungs,  if anyone touches you and its unwanted, its abuse.  Period. NO matter if you are male or female, start screaming. They will soon leave you alone.