Aussie Aged Pension

Hi, I have heard that the government is or will deduct $22.00 per fortnight from Aussies living overseas.
Can anyone confirm this.

Hi Tony, There were changes made to the assets test effective Jan 1 2017 follow link to see if you are affected - https://www.humanservices.gov.au/custom … ssets-test

Scott Morrison ( Treasurer ) is  proposing that pensioners who stay longer than 6 weeks overseas will become ineligible for  Australian centrelink pension payments.  On the other hand Politicians who stay longer than 6 weeks overseas will still receive their massive pensions and entitlements/perks ! Now that's fair ???? not !

Oh to be a politician and be able to front up to the bottomless trough of benefits they have access to and paid for by the long suffering Oz taxpayer.

I am an Oz / NZ citizen (dual passports) living in NZ at present caring for my elderly father here. There is a reciprocal agreement between Oz and NZ regarding pension payments for those Oz citizens living here.

Centrelink will pay money into the NZ system who will, in turn, pay you.

I applied for Oz pension over 1 year ago through the NZ system as per requirements.
Still waiting.