Best place to exchange Belize dollars to USD Dollars

Hello All!. I have been living and travelling around from Costa Rica as a center-point. I have been to Belize a couple times and want to spend more time there.
I hear rumors that USD dollars are hard to come by these days, so try not to accumulate much BZD.

Where is the best place to exchange BZ dollars back to USD without getting a overly inflated rate?
I see the exchange rate is always around 2:1 but actually finding a bank or money changer to do close to this may be much more difficult. Belize City is where I usually go.

You may want to e mail me for details

Moderated by Jaisan 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not put your personal information on the forum for your own security. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Is Spanish fluency of any benefit in Belize?
Thank you.

Definitely!

Belize is an English-speaking country but there are many Spanish speakers

A second language never hurts and if you understand both can help if any confusion Between Belize English and American English. The schools teach in English but base it on English as used and Spelled in Britain.

Renerabril wrote:

Is Spanish fluency of any benefit in Belize?
Thank you.

Renerabril
The topic of this thread is on money exchange. I would recommend starting a new thread with your questions on a different topic. It will help you as well as those that follow later to more easily find focused reply's on a particular topic.

You can find a thread where the question of language was asked last week here on the forum at this link. https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=645020