Range of salary for airport expats

I hopefully pray to land a new job in muscat international airport buy im very curious about the salary i would be offered. Do anybody have the idea of how much they offer to their expat workers?.....thanks

This forum has been very helpful...im always happy to be here

Hi spankit17,

The emptiness of your post surprises me.

Without mentioning the slightest details, you are asking for a salary guesstimate ?!?

Well to give you an indicative idea, the monthly salary could range anywhere between about R.O. 80/- (for a janitor), to about R.O. 30,000/- (and more) for a CEO / top management / leadership position.

A word of advice. If you want some worthwhile responses, please post some worthwhile queries.

Well, the reason why its kind of empty is because i have no slightest idea of what post i could be offered since my agent over there didn't ask for my university certificate. And what baffles me most is that he only asked if i could work in the airport which i said Yes. I'm a graduate of animal science. Oman seems not to recognise such profession

Min 250RO

spankit17 wrote:

Well, the reason why its kind of empty is because i have no slightest idea of what post i could be offered since my agent over there didn't ask for my university certificate. And what baffles me most is that he only asked if i could work in the airport which i said Yes. I'm a graduate of animal science. Oman seems not to recognise such profession

Hi spankit17,

This is very dangerous.

Without knowing what kind of work you would be doing, do you even want to accept an offer ??

I don't think so. Unless, you are willing to wash the dirty toilets and urinals in the new airport ?

Cannot see an 'Animal Science' graduate working in an airport.

Thanks Sumitran... I really appreciate ur response

Minimum wage for Omani worker as of this year is 325 omr, i do not know if that applies to the expats too.

arumuscat wrote:

Minimum wage for Omani worker as of this year is 325 omr, i do not know if that applies to the expats too.

Hi arumuscat,

Unfortunately, the concept of 'minimum wages' does not exist for expatriate employees here in the Sultanate of Oman.

It is one of the many disparities which is prevalent between a local employee and an expatriate one.

it is arround 525 OMR