Looking for a one-year exchange with an art teacher in New South Wales

My husband is an art teacher for Denver Public Schools in Denver, Colorado in the US. My family is very much hoping to participate in a teacher exchange through the Australia/New Zealand Educator Exchange (ANZEE) program for a one-year exchange starting Jan 2012, and I wanted to reach out to you in an effort to get the word out to any art teacher who may be interested in participating in the program on the Australian side.

Let me tell you a little bit about what you would experience if you exchanged with us--we live in a friendly, historic neighborhood less than 2 miles from downtown Denver. Our 100-year old home has four bedrooms and would be great for a single person, couple or a family (we have three young children). It's a great neighborhood--we often have picnic dinners on our front lawn, with neighbors joining us for a glass of wine or a beer.  We are two blocks from City Park, a large park that has a golf course, zoo, playgrounds, tennis courts, and running trails.  In the summertime, the Park holds free music concerts every Sunday, and open air outdoor movies as well. Denver enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine; I grew up in Miami, FL but the weather in Denver is the best the US has to offer.  Also, Denver has all the amenities of a big city--museums, theater, etc.--but with great accessibility to the Rocky Mountains and beautiful open spaces for downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, biking, hiking, camping, rock climbing, and any number of other outdoor activities. With a major international airport just 25 minutes away, you would also be well-positioned to travel to other parts of the US with ease.

My husband teaches art at the primary level about 15 minutes away from our home, splitting the week at two great schools.  He has previously taught at the high school level and knows that there are far more upper level art teachers in New South Wales than at the primary level; he's prepared to teach at any level.

We're open to all sorts of possibilities for exchanging in New South Wales; our email address is [email protected].  We'd love to start a conversation with you that may lead to an exchange.  Please forward this to anyone you may know who may be interested in contacting us and hearing more about participating in an exchange for the year.  More information about the exchange program can be found at [Moderated: Broken Link]. We look forward to hearing from anyone who finds the exchange idea intriguing; please let me know if you have passed this along to someone, and I very much appreciate your time!

Welcome to Expat-blog, annieCO

Your discussion has been redirected to the New South Wales forum for effective networking.

Regards

I have tried to reply to you via email, but your email does not seem to be working.

I am very interested, please contact me at [email protected]

regards, jo

Hi I just replied to you but thought you might like some more information, I ahve been accepted to the NSW Department of Education Exchange program for 2012 and am awaiting a match.

From what I understand your exchange program - CITEL exchanges with mine. I also have a family and live in a great spot, in a beautiful apartment with ocean views in Wollongong, a beautiful coastal city one hour south of Sydney.

I have two young children and teach art in a local high school. Please contact me as I am really interested as Denver is our 1st choice.

I recieed an offer today for an exchange in Canada which does not meet our needs.

Hope this works out,

kind regards Jo