Studying in Slovakia

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Slovakia?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Slovakia?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

I have  worked with a Bratislava university a bit and  also a full time hiring manager for 2 multi-national companies here- hiring many excellent Slovak candidates from all across the country...HOWEVER,

I found that the value and quality of their education is not consistent nor reliable.  For instance, of the big name universities I have heard many mention that there were able to "pay off" professors or pass without attending many classes.  In addition, there curricula books tend to be way outdated TEXTbooks with loose English translations (in both high schools and universities).

I would strongly encourage those interested to study abroad to look elsewhere if quality of the education is something you are interested in.

The country itself is great and great people.