Studying in Rwanda

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Rwanda?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Rwanda?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Would you recommend studying abroad in Rwanda?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Rwanda? // Yes definitely I would encourage study in Rwanda because its a really beautiful place to stay.  The culture may be challenging but that's the whole point right? to also learn about new cultures.  However that said, Rwanda universities may not be the top rated in terms of quality especially the public university as compared to Kenyan universities which are highly rated in quality.  However there are two Kenyan universities so this just luck right there.

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Definately Carnegie Mellon University.  However it offers only Masters programmes in IT, but East African Students get to study at a subsidised rate.  The Kenyan Universities are also good while Rwanda universities have a bit to catch upto.  However the Vice Chancellor is called Professor Philip Cotton who was rope in to bring in quality so i guess its wait to see if this will pay off.  Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? No not free.  Ball park figures of 1000-1500 usd per semester tuition fee only.  Accomodation costs would be 200-400 usd monthly one would be very comfortable! Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university? Main language is English.  Not sure on how many foreign students but Carnegie Mellon has quite a number of foreign students!

Hi Prisca,

if you want to study in Rwanda, don't worry I can provide a help with information you need.

Majesty