Studying in Portugal

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Portugal?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Portugal?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

I'm not a student here but, judging from the number of erasmus students there are here from all over Europe, I'd suggest it is a good place to study.
Courses are standardly taught in Portuguese but, if foreign learners enroll on courses, the universities are obliged to at least run a parallel course taught in English.
The other factors being a decent, if not world beating, standard of education, cheap cost of living and so on. So yeah... for me, a good place!

Portugal is very popular with British students as the lifestyle in Portugal is just what students are looking for; fun and relaxed!

Plus Portuguese people are so chilled and friendly, so you can easily make friends with locals. Knowing that if you are ever lost or have a question, Portuguese people will always be willing to help you which is great!

I would not encourage students to select Portugal as a country to study in. I have a Master's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree in Education, and I have taken courses here in Portugal. I have found the teachers to be poorly trained. In addition, many of the classrooms are antiquated,  freezing and have no heat at all. Often teachers don't even show up for their classes as well. I think Spain would be a much better choice. I have studied there and I have found the classrooms and the teachers to be far superior.

Hello goodnight.my one brother he lives in Bangladesh & naw he complete her bachelor's degree.so want to naw study in Portugal.so how can i apply for him please?
Kind regards
M A TAHER
FOROM LISBON

Hi
Ms.Sory I dont have any idea about  schooling here in portugal coz im here to work.But i think is good education training .
May I ask you where you from?

Best chibal88/Pt

I'm from Bangladesh.but naw i live in Lisbon