Studying in Ghana

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Ghana?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Ghana?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Ghana is a very unique and lucky country, perhaps because of our legacy with British Colonial rule. We have such well envisioned institutions but their functionality comes into question when you examine the ultimate goal and output of all our institutions. The University of Ghana Legon is really a wonderful landmark, how the professors deliver, I am skeptical because I see and hear them interact with the public and society. Highly mediocre and limited intellectual engagement. Student, faculty and staff are far too excessively engrossed in "Ghanaian culture and the use of Twi"...unquote! More than engaging in intellectual discourse. Still I think the experience may probably be the best and most endearing for anyone wanting an African Educational Experience.