Exploring Oman with baby

Hello,
my husband and I will be on vacation in Oman with our 11-month old baby in January.
I would like to know what could we see and do with our baby, suggested by people actually living in Oman.
Also, I would highly appreciate your suggestions regarding things to take along. Do we need to bring baby food for example?
Thank you for your answers and recommendations.
Masha

Hi spring_melon,

Oman is most famous for its lovely beaches, dramatic deserts and ancient forts and castles. And now is perhaps the best time to visit Oman. The climate is really balmy and excellent.

Am not sure where all you intend to visit and how long you intend to stay. Muscat, of course, would be your first point of arrival, which has its fair share of entertainment options, such as shopping for traditional wares, mall hopping, and some beautiful beaches.

There are many other interesting things that you could do outside of Muscat these days as the climate would allow for that : you could plan an overnight trip to the desert somewhere along the long stretch of Wahibha Sands.

There are numerous desert camps where you can experience the thrills of dune bashing, camel riding, watching the glorious sunset, see the mesmerising sunrise, enjoy the soothing campfire on an otherwise chilly night, and allied pursuits.

You could also visit the many beautiful beaches along the entire stretch of coastal Oman. A cultural trip too is very possible.

Googling will give you pretty much all that you would need to know.

Actually, you do not need to bring anything with you since most of what you would need during your holidays would be easily available here in Muscat.

Enjoy your holidays !

Thank you, that's great help! Yes, I know about google and its possibilities :) but it's always nice to ask.

We will stay in Shangri-la hotel for 10 days. We want to have two or three day trips. Beaches is a very important part of it :) Which direction should we drive? Any beach in particular or more? Is it ok to drive on our own or better to have a taxi/guide?

Muscat with its market will be definitely another visit.

I am not sure about the rest yet. The problem is - more I google, more I find worth visiting :)

Hi Spring..

Wahiba sands is good idea.. you can go for Dolphin watching in muscat... Do visit the Grand Mosque in muscat..  it is really very beautiful with its fantastic chandelier ... At Shangralia on week end you will have river for fun ... You can drive on your own it will be more adventorous besides Oman is very safe country.

Wahiba sands towards SUR and some Wadi is also a good time to spend a afternoon infact you can do your own barbaques on these wadis.. you can google about Wadi bani Khalid...

There is Al hoota caves you can visit..

If you plan to leave Muscat for few day you experience wilderness in Masaira islands ... you can take your car in ferry to these lsland i Liked wilderness and calm there... You can buy some fresh live lobsters from market and ask your hotel to prepare it for you ...

Have fun ... God bless the baby..

hi there well there a carrfour shopping chain much like Walmart !! everything under the sun available !! have a pleasant stay. regards. raj @ muscat

Visit Bidiya Desert .......  :kiss:
But not with your baby ........  :joking:

Hi
How was your trip to Oman?
We have now a dame plans. Planing to go with 11month old kid.
Would be 2 weeks a good time to be there? Is there places to go and spend good time with such a little one?
How did your trip went any advices?
Thank you
Lumi