Close

New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ukraine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

I followed the thread.  To help you out, I did the process in May 2014.  I brought all of my documents from the United States, notarized and with an apostille from your secretary of state from the state you live in.  Make sure everything is correct.  Divorce papers, court house for no criminal record.  You can get cheap medical insurance here.  Will never use it, but you need to have it.  Cost about 1,000 UAH.

I did not have to return to the United States, I brought all of my documents and I went to the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova.  We were there for three days.  I received my Visa D from the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova.  They were friendly and happy.  MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE CORRECT.  ALL NOTARIZED AND  APOSTILLE.

The biggest issue is dealing with OVIR in the city you will be living in Ukraine.  But you do not need to return to the states.  Have your wife call the Ukrainian Embassy in Moldova.  they will also give her information.  Many Americans have gone the route I have gone.

If you are European, you live closer to your own countries.  Go home and do it.  For Americans, go to Moldova for your Visa D.

Hi. I'm coming to Kiev this summer and I'm looking for English speaking Ukrainians or Brits to show me around a little and perhaps get a few drinks and show me the nightlife...

Hello. I lived in Ukraine for couple years and I am turning back. I had enough amount of time with so called "femens" and "anarchists". It wasn't honest as it seemed from the outside thou. So I left those groups. After years of forwards and backwards, I have left couple friends who lives in Kyiv. I have decided to live in the woods of Kyiv this time with less amount of need of people. I have got to say Ukraine has an amazing nature. I was told Turkey have one of the best nature in the region at summers but when I became an expat and discovered summer in Ukraine, it was priceless. Even though all the economical and political crisis going on for years already, I would prefer Ukraine over Turkey. As I will do very soon. Wish me luck!

I need a job in kharkiv do you have any leads? I work in construction  thankyou

Ok THANKYOU

Hi! Im Cham. Just currently here in Ukraine with a tourist visa. Im loving the country. Food is great. Temperature tho im.still adjusting since I came from a tropical country.

If there is someone who can help me or give me advice on how ti extend my stay here I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi - I'm David. 

Last spring I had never thought of visiting Ukraine and yet in June I had to travel here for business.  That apparently 'one off' trip to Kharkov turned into several over the second half of last year and more again so far this year.  I found the country fascinating and the people were welcoming and friendly and the colleagues I worked with dedicated, hard working and creative.  It was a pleasure working with them.

Along the way I became friends with a Ukrainian lady on the project and we fell in love.  Now my main project has ended meaning my business trips are over so we are looking at ways for us to be together.  I'm learning Russian as quickly as I can as I will be planning to live in the east of the country and so am looking at work in Kharkov either with a Ukrainian company or via an English company. 

Any help or advice or just sharing of similar experience will be most welcome.

I am in the same boat!!!

I'm still hopeful that I can get my current employer to allow me to work remotely for even just a few months before they wind up their business in Kharkiv which will give me breathing space to plan, look for work, get better at my Russian.

Have you been out there recently? I'm hoping to get back out in July but for how long is the question.

Expatriate health insurance in Ukraine

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ukraine

Moving to Ukraine

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ukraine

Travel insurance in Ukraine

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ukraine

Flights to Ukraine

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ukraine