New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi my name is Denise
I am planning on moving over to tunisa,
In December or January.
My partner lives there , now iv read all the bad press , but I do not intend to marry any one over there.
I do not intend to take my hand of my purse . That is for sure I have worked to long in my life to let some man take it off me .
I would like to work over there , just untill I can see what kind of business is viable. I have owend my own pubs , ran department stores , had my own free lance training business . Lol none of that seems like it will do me much good over there . So some advise would be welcome

deniseallan12 wrote:

Hi my name is Denise
I am planning on moving over to tunisa,
In December or January.
My partner lives there , now iv read all the bad press , but I do not intend to marry any one over there.
I do not intend to take my hand of my purse . That is for sure I have worked to long in my life to let some man take it off me .
I would like to work over there , just untill I can see what kind of business is viable. I have owend my own pubs , ran department stores , had my own free lance training business . Lol none of that seems like it will do me much good over there . So some advise would be welcome

Denise - there is really no work here for foreigners.  We have high unemployment and any jobs are given to Tunisians over others.  Unless you can speak French/Arabic then you have little chance of working.  Perhaps you can do something on the internet??

Hi
Thank for your reply , so I need to look at the internet for work .
I don't no what I could do on the internet ?  But I will have to investigate the  opportunities  of that . Do you enjoy living over there ?
Denise

Hi all! I'm moving to be in Monastir to teach in late August, any other members in this group would like to meet there or in Sousse I'd love to meet some new friends :)

My feet are in the earth of Tunisia..........this is my life and my home.

Hi
My name is Denise and I am coming over ,in September for two weeks to try and find a nice place to rent . For Esham and my self , he live in susses and wants to stay there . I would love to arrange a night out the 4 of us . If you and your partner or agreeable.
Regards
Denise

Hii
you welcome
In fact, you can invest in Tunisia in many feilds. When you come you will discover what kind of investment.
Best regards

hello everyone. I'm a newcomer. I'm from cameroon and i moved to tunisia about 2 years ago for studying. I'm living here. thank for welcoming me.

Hello!  I moved to tunisia one and  half months ago.  It's a been a good time so far.
We are an intercultural couple,  we like table games,  nature,  cycling,  having good conversations and many things.
We live in LA Marsa.

Hello , Im planning to move to Tunis with my 3 year old daughter in Octobre because my boyfriend lives in Tunis and im running from the bad weather in Switzerland.

I have been working in Swiss Banks all my life - and im experienced in other office jobs as well.

Now Im looking for a job in Tunis. I would prefer a job for 3 days per week since I have my daughter also.

If anyone knows something about a cool job - I would be very interested. I speak fluently english and german - freshing up my french as well.

Hi Stephanie
If you're qualified, I think it'll be easy for you to find a good job.
Best wishes

:D

Pls reconsider
Your thinking process is flaw
Workin 3 days/ week will generate u no more than 250-300 TND
Would that sum makes any difference in ur life.  I hope not
Stay with ur daughter and volunteer to ur liking would be much more fulfilling!!

Olivier

Hi Ozitoun!
Actually, I must differ with you on whether 300 TND/week will make much difference to one's life here. It has to be said that living costs are low and for sure, I know many people who manage on 1200 TND a month. So may I suggest that it's not such a faulty idea after all to work for three days a week? The problem is more likely to be finding such employment.

Pls reread ur statement:
3 days a week will generate NO MORE than 300/ month

But again.....

Hi Ozitoun,
Your own post didn't stipulate per 'month' so I assumed you meant per 'week'. Splitting hairs here, but all in the cause of being helpful! 300 TND per month will not make much difference, agreed, though some places it will pay a month's rent..

i dont have to pay rent there so the monthly income of 300 td would be helpful already.  thanks all for your replys

HI
I will hopefully be living over there  with my partner ,  he is Tunisian and wants me over there .
so yes we must keep in touch ,I am also looking for work teaching English as I do have my training and teaching certs .

I do hope all goes well for you, and you get what you are looking for .
Regards Denise

PS here is my email address . d***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Really you should understand that jobs for English speakers are very scarce here!  We have very high unemployment and rightly any jobs will go to a Tunisian before a foreigner.  If you want you can become a private tutor for older students (who already have some English) to assist with the bacc and then with their c.v. for foreign companies and perhaps teach business English.  That I am afraid to say is all you can do here. 

Rarely, some of the international schools will advertise for an English teacher but they will usually specifiy 'American' or sometimes 'Native English'.  You have to pounce on these jobs as they are rarely advertised usually going to someone who knows someone.

Hi i'm Emna from Tunisia . I am new in this site  . Thank you

Welcome Emna
Hope u find what ur looking for..

Olivier

Aslema everyone...Am Vivian been living in Tunisia for 4 years now..married to a Tunisian with a very naughty 2 year old..😄..hoping to make new friends with some expat mums..

Newbie here 😊. Name is Frederika Tamimi nicknane Rikki. 63 muslim revert divorced female whos not only looking for a spouse/ companion to live with permanently in Hammemet Tunisia. Just returned from a private tour 7 days thru the entire country. Le Sultan Hotel luxury hotel in Hammemet Tunisia was our home base. I fell in love with all of Tunisia esp Hammemet right on the beach of Med Sea. I want to live there permantly in a very nice furnished cat friendly 2 bedroom flat in Hammemet very close to the sea. Im retired and love international travel, beaches sailing,hiking,reading, movies,tv eating/staying in nice hotels/restaurants. Im also an avid equestrian (english saddle).
SALAM!

Hello!  My name is Nicole.  I am very interested in moving to Tunisia to teach English.  However, I am a bit apprehensive since I do not know the language or the culture!  I am looking to learn about people's experiences about Tunisia... particularly in Sfax, and from Americans if there are any with this experience!

Hi to all my Kabayans in Tunisia and Aslama to all Tunisians.

I can still recall, the first time I arrived in Tunisia on 1996 I felt different as I could not find any Filipino nor Asian in Tunisia. At that time I do not speak nor understand their language as I speak English only with my husband. Whenever I go out with my husband or my in-laws I felt uncomfortable as aside that the place is new to me even the language is new to my ears. But I have to adopt as our son is in Tunisia studying and I want to be close with my in-laws.
I studied their language, the Tunisian Arabic of course as I have difficulty of learning French language.
Now I could say, though I am not very fluent in Tunisian Arabic but I could fool them once I speak Tunisian dialect :) as they say my accent is like a native Tunisian.
I am happily married to my Tunisian husband. Our relationship is getting stronger up to this year 2018. I wish & pray to Allah that we grow old together. We had our ups & downs but we remained committed to each other. Our only son is turning 22 yrs old in July 2018 and finishing his university in UAE.
Me, my husband & son are currently based in UAE but our retirement place will be in Tunisia. I am looking forward to live permanently in Tunis and hope to meet Filipino community there.

U will be in for a major wake up call!!!
May god help u

I'm confused about your sentence "major wake up call"?   About what specifically? I've been in Tunis so many times. We have our own home in Tunis. The country & people are not new to me anymore. I eat and cook Tunisian food as well.

My bad
Sent to the wrong person
Ur story doesn't interest me

It is ok. You are not the only person in this community.

Thank you for very welcoming!

Hi
Don't take any notice of rude people,there are people like that in every country .
I hope you will be very happy in what ever area you live .
Denise.

Thank you Denise for the advise.   I hope there are more people like you rather than him. Anyways i wont let him ruin my day.
Let us just be positive in 2018.
Have a nice day!

Nour Obba

Lol yes that's the way to think .

:)

Hi,

So are you still living in Tunis? How is it there? I have never left the country before and I hear so many bad things about Tunisia and a lot of people are talking so bad about Tunisian men. This is because i am dating one online from Tunis, Tunisia. So your post interests me.

Sam

Hi Sam!

My Tunisian husband, son and me are currently living in Dubai, UAE.  My husband & I are working while our son is attending college. The economy of Tunisia right now is not good hence unemployment rate is very high.
As in about Tunisian men, I cant say in general they are all bad as I am married for 23 yrs to a Tunisian man and are still together up to now and our relationship is ok and Im very happy with him. My husband is a responsible man, loving & good provider. Well in my opinion in every country there is good & bad person. Im sorry for the women who suffered from those men but i am a living example that not all Tunisian man are bad. I hope my info helped you. I suggest before you commit to him make sure you know him well personally including his family. I am not a fan of online dating.

My fiancé is in Tunisia & I hate that when people hear Tunisia they jump to conclusions. He's only 4 years younger & his family adores me as he does. I don't see how you can fake that. They're the most loving people.

Amen to that, one thing I have learned and what I really valued from the start with my husband, we've been together since 2004...4 kids later...I'm 4 years younger 🤗 but anyway I appreciated my husbands honesty and integrity. And really straightforward manner. There are shady people everywhere. And it's painful to see people taken advantage of but blanket, sweeping, and dismissive statements do not help anyone! And there are certainly multiple factors that go into a successful relationship. It usually isn't one sided.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751452

Thanks!

Closed