New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Romania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Romania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ellen, I will be moving to Timisoara with my husband and three children 10, 8 & 5 in July this year. My husband is currently spending two weeks a month already in Timi and will be there full time in April. Myself and the children will be joining him once the school year has finished here in the UK.

I am visiting Timisoara in a couple of weeks to view properties and the William Shakespeare school that has been recommended for us.

I am very nervous and excited all at the same time.

I hope this page will be useful to me.

Regards
Ellen

Hi! I'm Hannah, hoping to move to bucharest this spring!

Hi to all,

I am New Zealand born currently living in the UK.  My husband, myself and our two children are planning to move to Romania soon.  My husband is Romanian but I am scared to death about the language, schooling there for my boys.

Any help on this would be appreciated thanks in advance.

I' m a 44 years old graduate in Political Science from Sardinia and i will ne in Bucarest forma an Erasmus traineeship between Aprile and September bit i didn' t find a studio yet! Is anybody there who Gould help me? I would spend 200€ per month and i would find an accomodation in center! Thanks!

Franz73 wrote:

I' m a 44 years old graduate in Political Science from Sardinia and i will ne in Bucarest forma an Erasmus traineeship between Aprile and September bit i didn' t find a studio yet! Is anybody there who Gould help me? I would spend 200€ per month and i would find an accomodation in center! Thanks!

Hello Franz,

As this topic is purely for introductions, I'd invite you to search the forum for advice about renting a flat, or consult the HOUSING section of the site.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello there im cathy aka doll eyes
I've been staying here in bucharest with my husband for over a month now since we got married. I hope they can issue my residence i.d. soon... to work back on the ship. oh! the hardest part is to wait and wait...😣😥

I Rob and currently reside in Nashville, TN. I plan to be in Targu-mures in September to work with a ministry to orphans.

My name is Tony - Moving to Sibiu in late 2017. I have lived in Cluj a number of years ago. Have been to RO 26 times in my life. I work for an organization that rescues people from human trafficking.

Hi!

I will be moving to Targu Mures next month for a long period of time. Looking forward to meeting new people!!

Hello everybody :)
I was born and raised in Timisoara and I've just sign up here. If you have any questions about Timisoara, please let me know. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can :). I am also on Couchsurfing and I actually found out about Expat from one of my guests :).
Wishing you all a great day!

Hi everyone!  :) I have always lived in the UK and I am planning on moving to either Constanța (where my father was from) or Brașov.

I hope to see you all soon in the forums!

I was involved with Fratii Lui Onisim while I was in Timi for 2 weeks in 1999...cannot believe it has been that long since being in Romania.

Hi Tony. Welcome to the forum. I would be interested to chat with you. I run an ngo in craiova. Cluj is a beautiful city. Good luck :)

Lena Rose. Let us know if you need any info. I've been to both but I'm an novice compared to most people on here.

Hello, let's please keep the posts here on topic, that being the introductions of new members.   :thanks:  Please use the PM system for chatting between members or anything off topic. Thanks all.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi!
My husband (Dick), dog (JellyBean) and car are all moving/retiring to Sibiu in September.  We are looking forward to it.  So far only the dog can speak Romanian.  Any tips anyone has to ease the transition would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Jill

Don't speak any English at all.  Only speak Romanian.  This is the key.  Get a $3.00 translation app for your phone.

Geoffrey Ames, MD, HMD

Hi Rob,
Tirgu-Mures is a great city, the housing is cheaper than Bucharest, the food is great and the people are familiar with English language. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Once again, INTRODUCTIONS here only please  :thanks:

Kindly use other topics, or start new topics as needed for discussions about anything else.  This helps keep the forum organized and makes it easier for others to find relevant information.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hey, I'm Ni'Kaleus. Canadian living in Curtea de Arges, at least trying to haha. Have to go through all the paperwork, so I'm trying to establish myself as a private tutor. nice to meet you all.

hey guys. Name is Steve. I am moving to Baia Mare, for as long as they will let me. Ex restaurant Owner  @ SHawingz! in Germany for over 4 years. * years In Army and looking to connect with people when I land in a few weeks.  Excited.  Please contact me here or email me any helpful information  ***   I greatly appreciate it guys. Pleasure to meet you all.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi my name is Hugo and I'm from México, I'm 33 years old and I have a job offer from my actual employer to re locate to Bucharest, so here I am searching for all the data to obtain the best deal for  me and my family

Hello all

I am not an expat now but I was a former one in Hungary. I am romanian, living in Bucharest and hopig that I can give you advice on any issues, I work in an HR department so I know about romanian legislation also regarding expats. So feel free to contact me, I know also a lot about real estate, accomodation, legislation and I can help you with a lot of issues.

Wish you all many successes!

Hello all! I'm janice from Singapore, new arrival to bucarest only a month ago. I'm looking to base myself here so looking out for work or business opportunities. Any locals or expats who can help me and share their experiences would be great! I speak English Chinese and Spanish having lived in Mexico , SF and London. Love Travelling sharing cultures and stories as well as cooking Asian fusion stuff! :)

Hi everyone!
I'm from Scotland originally but I have been living in a small village about 1 hour from Constanta for a while now. It would be great to find some people here who would like to chat and meet up occasionally.

Hello,
I am Romanian Lebanese; I hold 2 diff nationalities. I have been living in Lebanon for the past 2 years, and I am planning to move to Romania this August, 2017. I would appreciate advice whether I should move to Bucharest or Timisoara.
I would need a comfortable house,flat, or modern apartment and a job. Where do you recommend I move?Thank You!

My name is kalil, I am new to Bucharest. I am originally from Lebanon, but I have been living in the US for sometime now. I just moved to Bucharest for a career change, so far so good. I am interested in meeting other expats regardless of nationality, age or gender. I would appreciate an invite to your events.

Thanks.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : off topic

Buna Ziua,

I am Heather from Toronto area, Canada.  I spent all of last summer in Romania, and loved it.  My love for Romania started in Grade 8 History class when we studied aspects of Romanian history.  When I left Romania last summer, I left my heart there.  I am hoping to go back to Romania in the future, but I have an online business that needs my attention before I can think about living and working abroad.

I continue to study Romanian to help prepare me for moving to Romania in the future.

Hello everybody.

Please keep posts here for introductions only. 

If you have questions or need advice, or have something to offer, there are other parts of the site and the forum for that purpose.  Please explore and use the those areas.

Thanks
Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

hi,well i never been there but i love the country,i would love to immigrate there,i love Galati,so how did you go there,how is like living,how is the weather?,my name is Jayden,am from South Africa,im going there in mid december,and do you know any schools that offer Romanian lessons?

Thankyou guys..Im here for visit visa stay for 90 days with my German fiance. I like Romania beautiful place, nice weather very clean air, fresh foods and very friendly people. I start to love this country. Soon i will be living here after we married in Philippines this coming Octover.
Thankyou guys and i hope you help me to find the right papers for me for my Family reunion visa the second time i came here after we married in Phils.

Shiela jarque

Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian - Digital Marketer and Food Business Enthusiast from India :)

Have moved to Bucharest on Family Reunification a week ago. My husband also an Indian works for a studio here. Thank you :)

Hi everyone, I am moving with my dog to Targu Mures, Romania either in September or October this year. I will be shipping my car and will be renting a house at first until it's time to purchase one. I am also looking for a job in the Graphic Design industry or just simply teaching English.

Thanks,
Eva Space

Hi! I am moving to Bucharest on August 1 with my family. We currently live in Chicago and will live there from August 1 to July 31, 2018.

By family, I mean my wife, son and dog. There are a number of questions I hope to get assistance with and also hope to gain some friends to enjoy it there.

Thanks!!

-Carl

Hi Guys,

I am Ruban. I have been living in Bucharest since 2009. Work in IT and love the city.

Future hopeful Romania resident here :)

Looking to relocate with wife and child from Dallas Texas to Bucharest for a year of living abroad. Any advice or connections greatly welcomed. We have lived abroad a lot, so this  is not the first time for us out of the country.

Thanks,

PB

Hi everyone!  My husband has lived in Galati for 5 years and I joined him this past April.  We're hoping to relocate to Bucharest.  We're from Pennsylvania and would love to hear from other expats.

Hello everyone, I'm from Romania, looking to moving England for a period of time!

Closed