New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

OK I'm a newbie to this forum stuff but have enjoyed reading and have gathered much information from reading posts.  We're an American & German couple focused on becoming snowbirds in Panama.  Right now my research has me focused on Boquete but also have interest in the Chitre/Las Tablas area to be close to the ocean.  Our first trip to Panama will be FEB 2018.  Look forward to chatting with some of you living in Panama.  Thanks!

Buenos días! We are from the US and have been in David for almost five years. My husband's band plays in Boquete a lot so maybe we will see you

Good Day,

Thank you so much for adding me to this forum. I am looking forward to finding out more about Panama, have not been yet, but will plan a visit next year. Panama sounds like a wonderful place. Looking forward to learning from you all. Wondering where this adventure will lead. 

My wife and 1 are 64, looking for a great retiring home in Panama. I am from Canada

happy Trails
Al

Couple in our early 50s living in Arizona. Have one child in college, one finishing high school. Just beginning to explore the possibility of retiring early overseas, and are particularly intrigued by Panama. It looks like a future home for us. Planning to take a tour next summer.

My name is Candi and I will be arriving in David on October 16th. I plan to research Panama and Costa Rica then go to Ecuador in February. I look forward to meeting a lot of new people and having a lot of exciting experiences in Central America and South America. I retired a month ago I'm 51 years old. I do have a lot of questions but I am in no rush and I can ask all those questions when I get there. 😀

Retired at 51?! Good for you! Retirement life can be pretty darn good, IMO. We moved to David five years ago and are really happy here. I hope you find just the right place for you.

As a 69 year old retired electrical engineer,  I am looking at boquete as a retirement location for me and Nancy (my wife).
We will be there Nov 8,9, & 10.
Will my GPS phone app work on T-Moble?

It should. 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend downloading the GPS app WAZE for Panama.  It works the best here.  And it is my go to GPS app in the States. too.

Betsy

Thanks for the advice.  Waze worked great for awhile.  Then seemed to get confused in David. It started hopping around our location.  However, It got us halfway to Boquete.  Then it locked up.  I restarted it three times. It seemed to not have a detailed map for the streets in Boquete. When I tried to zoom it as I had done earlier, the map area ahead when all grey.   I switch to "Maps.me" which my wife suggested. It had it''s own problems.  There is a very good chance that all my problems with both appa were "operator error" in nature. My wife insists that I down load the maps for this apps so that I can keep my phone in airplane mode.  All this is a puzzle to me.  So I just do as I'm told. 
Thanks again for the advice.  The app seems to work better as time goes on (another indication of "operator error").

PanamaBetsy wrote:

It should. 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend downloading the GPS app WAZE for Panama.  It works the best here.  And it is my go to GPS app in the States. too.

Betsy

I down loaded an app that checks out my GPS. I have strong indications that my GPS function is failing in my phone.
Thanks for your advice.

my wife and I will be retiring in April 2018.  I am looking at Panama as a place to retire. I would love to here from others who have retired here, and want to pick their brains.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hello my fellow south african.   i was actually only born sa. then my family move to botswana. then zambia. then uk. finally canada the last 30 years..  the angels have a plan. i worked. hong kong.tokyo.manila.los angeles.costa rica. now panama..   but i love africa..  onr day i make it back to jburg..     my whats app.  ****
i been in panama 2  years. i think i know city pretty good..        paul

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751402

Thanks!

Closed