Close

New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Panama forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Panama if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi thanks for letting us sign up for the Panama forum.
We are a married english couple 60 years young and we want to move to the Boquete area after visiting there in November 2016, loved the people and the area.
We are hoping to move at the end of 2017 early 2018.
We are moving from Spain and speak a little spanish.
Would love to get all sorts of information regarding moving to Panama, the process of pensionado etc.
We met lots of lovely americans,canadians and Panamanians while we were there but nobody from England.

Hi Elaine. Your best bet and most efficient way to proceed will be to establish contact with a Panama lawyer practicing in this area. There are numerous threads here giving personal recommendations for a reliable lawyer (I can recommend mine as well). The lawyer, if any good, will set out in detail what you need to assemble in terms of documentation before going to Panama and will process your application for a reasonable cost (less than $2,000).  In the meantime you can get a lot of info by finding an index to the topics and browsing.

Why leave Spain for Panama? Does Brexit mean a change to your eligibility?

Thanks for your advice, it is very helpful. We will contact a lawyer once we are sure which dates we will be going to Panama. We may need the name of your lawyer nearer the time if thats ok.
Lol, we find that after 12 years we would like a change and the weather here is too hot in the summer and it is getting colder in the winter months now. The houses are not built for the cold.
We want a more even climate that Panama seems to have. We visited Boquete and loved the tranquility it gave, the people were lovely and everyone was friendly.
It's just time for a change now.

lol...I move to Arizona for warming winters, however the winters are colder than I like, and the summers are indeed to hot. I really hoping I like Panama with no drama

We would like to find out where the best places are to buy furniture near the Boquete area. We have been to the city of David, didn't really find anywhere in the city itself. Looking for something a bit more modern than traditional
Thanks

Hi:
My name is Suzan and I am single, semi-retired, and looking to relocate to Panama in the next year.  I'm currently looking at the more mountainous areas of Panama and would appreciate ANY helpful information you would care to pass on including over all safety for someone such as myself.  I am also interested in the overall quality of life for a single female on a  low retirement budget.
Thanks so much for your time.

Suzan Colley

Expatriate health insurance in Panama

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Panama

Moving to Panama

Find tips from professionals about moving to Panama

Travel insurance in Panama

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Panama

Flights to Panama

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Panama