New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Salam wa alaykoum  :) I am a current Peace Corps volunteer in Morocco.  After two years of service, my contract will end in April 2017.  However, I am planning on staying in Morocco and living in Rabat.  I am job searching for positions with NGOs and educational institutions.  I have a working professional proficiency in Daarija (Moroccan Arabic).  Any suggestions for search engines or places of employment in Rabat would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks so much
Chukron bzefff
Adelia

Assalamu Alaikum

My mother is planning to move to Casablanca in 2017.  I am looking for Muslim sisters interested in social networking and helping her settle.

hi there i  m amine a local moroccan citizen in meknes city
if u need any help exploring the city , you are welcom

https://www.workaway.info/744895223359-en.html

Look in workaway.info and "Helpx" websites. These are volunteering sites but might be a good way to meet people who can help you with your goals.

I haven't used these personally however I met a couple who did they gave good feedback on Helpx.

The link above is intriguing.

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum. Planning on taking a gap year and working in Morocco, my profession is social work with children in England and very interested in getting involved with similar work in Morocco, particularly Marrakech. It has always been a dream to work abroad for a charity helping disadvantaged people. I have been in a relationship with someone in Marrakech for the past year so this will be the start of us really.

I am looking into all the processes of moving to Morocco and wondered if it is easy to apply for a residence card, or if I am better to travel back to England for a weekend every 90 days as this is all my passport will allow me to stay in one go.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated 😌

Peacock7

Hi all,

New to the forum as well.
Well, was born in the US, raised in between the two countries and have a dual nationality.
Currently living in temara and working in Rabat at a swiss multinational.

Holla at me if any of you wanna hang out and get to know each other.

Thank you for the forum!

Regards,
Amine

Hello!

New to the forum as well.  I will be moving to Agadir in July.  My fiancé lives there and we will marry there.  I have some knowledge as I have visited there and my fiancé tells me most information. He is from the Les Amicles area. He is unfamiliar with the cost of living,  so information on that would be appreciated!  As well as health care and furnished apartments.  Thank You!

Hi - I am Debby. Currently living in London but planning to move to Morocco this year.  I have travelled a lot in North Africa and the Middle East but Morocco is where my heart is.. I am still looking for a job within Marketing or Customer Service Management in the Marrakech area.

Hi there
as far I know , it's not very difficult to get a residence card here
it takes some time though, but 90 days should be more than enough time to get one

Hello rine19,

Agadir is just lovely.
I recommend you look for the website avito(dot)ma
It's only available in french and arabic but you can always use google translate webpages
It's like the moroccan craigslist: anything from appartments for rent or sale to cars and household items.

Good luck to you guys

Hi everyone, We had a busy year visiting Morocco for two weeks and China for two weeks. We are considering retiring in Morocco. We loved our experience there and would consider living there as retirees. We both grew up in the US. I have traveled widely, but my wife has only traveled with me. My wife sings jazz. There are a few jazz festivals and clubs she might sing at. I want to give her opportunities to meet other women in Morocco. This site seems alive with possibilities.

Hi all, I'm married to the Moroccan man and going to settle in Rabat coming summer. I have a background in education and working with youngsters with the special needs. Also finalising my last year in international studies. It is lovely to join the forum and hopefully, it will provide a space to share info, experiences and tips  :)
At the moment I'm interested into all the practicalities concerning residence card, finding a job etc... as well as info about various events, activities or even meetups!

All the best!

if u are married to a moroccan it should be easy to obtain ur residence cared / i dont know about job but from what i ve seen on this website  moroccans are given the priority  but teaching jobs are most likly for u if u meet the requirements  ( maybe work in a privet school or a languege centre ) ....
other job will require u to speak the languege ( Darija ) but u don t need that in teaching jobs and those jobs have the best salaries compaining to the rest of the jobs here and u will benifit from the long vacations and 2 months summer vacation =D

Sorry i am not an expat. I am morrocan and I live in tangier north of morocco. I am looking for job in tanger. But i think no one can help me because it's not easy to find a job.   :)

it is easy if u are qualified enough for the kind of job u are applying for !   and of cours  u can t get a job in this country witch is almost impossible to get a job without having to bribe someone  and bribery is considered one of the requirements that qualify u for a job 
but u can always try something else in other countrie where a moroccan certificate is qualified sush as poorer countries maybe, i don t know mush about the subject but that s what is intrnet for so do ur research  on ur field of experties    u cant just randomly throw the word ( JOB ) and expect an answer =D    good luck

Welcome to morocco. I wish you spend a great time in here. I am sure you will like my country because of its diversity. All the best 👍👍👍

Salam :)

Joined a few minutes ago ;)
Already living in Morocco, and will move to Tangier this month.
Looking for new friends, people to socialize with.
And maybe if someone knows about a nice apartment... would love to share space with someone :)

Greetings, Yasmin

Thanks for your advice. I really tried many times to find a suitable job. Maybe because i have no experience.  I don't know what's the matter with  me. I am little bit confused.

Hi my name's Badr a local moroccan citizen in Casablanca, I hope that I can find some friend around the world

Hi everyone!

I joined the community this morning and took some time to read the forums.
I actually live in Italy and I work as an architect.
I'm considering Morocco for a possible expat.

I've already visited the south and loved it. The country also tickles me as a design industry worker. I can speak Italian, French and English, but no Arabic at all.

Is there some architect between you, or do you know any non-Moroccan professional who is working / worked in an architectural firm in Marrakech or Morocco? It would be great for me to hear their stories and practical considerations. Any contribution is welcome  :) !

Hi
My name is Fatima, I am planning to go to Morocco in May for first time.
I am a bit nervous cause I don't know anyone there and it's my first time. Please can anyone tell me
how is it there .

Thanks

hey to everyone if somebody want to invest   50/50 here in morocco we can make it together im totally ready

Hi I am looking to move from the uk to morocco with my husband and 5 children would like to know what residency procedure is and what education system is like. And any other helpful tips on what to expect from this type of move.

Hi I am looking possibly moving to your country with my husband and 5 children I want some advice about the country good areas to live and about education system and health care

Hi

You'are asking for moving to Morocco. We welcome you first.

There are many good cities in Morocoo where to settle. It depends what you are going to do.

For The  Education we have both public and private School. And for the health care you can subscribe for

an insurance. That's all.

hi are you over in morocco yet? how is your residence going ,did you manage to do it .

your welcome

your welcome

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear,
You can see Amedest, british council, UIR (International university of Rabat).
Kindest regards.
Tigo

Dear all,
I am Tarik a 34 years Engineer with 5 years experinces as a project manager withing a Telecommunication services provider. I am moving to Marrakech in hope to start my own business and I am looking for ideas and parteners.
Waiting to hear from you.
Kindest regards.
Tarik.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please note that free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Kindly register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi there , you are very welcome please feel free to contact me

Hello everybody..! I am a retiree naturalize US citizen born in morocco.my back ground  in the heavy industry and clean room..I may be living in Casablanca and France and Los Angeles area....

if You have any question or sugestion please feel free to contact me..thanks..!

Hi, I am Mahasen (female) from Jordan, I just moved recently to Morocco from Jordan (my home country). I am a certified Health Coach with a passion for natural cures. I am living now in Kenitra, and want to move to Rabat, I appreciate any help in how to find a suitable apartment in Rabat.

I appreciate this group, and look forward to making friends from all over the globe, and share interests and activities.

Blessings

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Mahasen, perhaps i could suggest that you drop your own "looking for" advert in the Housing in Rabat section of the website by defining your requirements and try to contact the professionals recommended in the Real estate in Rabat.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello guys
I m a newbie and this is my very first time doing smthg iike this, i live In Casablanca, i can speak Arabic, French and English so if you guys needed help or just someone to hang out with, feel free to contact me

Hey everyone i live in tangier interested in meeting new peoples from all over the world. Just say hi it's free.

Thank you so much Bhavna, very helpful tips. Blessings

Closed