New members of the Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Maldives forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Maldives if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi I am new in Maldives and looking forward to get tips from you guys to survive it here...though I consider this part as an adventure.

happy new year.

jo

hi interested to live in maldives
what job opportunities
what business opportunities

Planning to live in Maldives, looking for an any office job in Hulhumale Island.

I'm from Ukraine)now.

I Would also like to know some people, who lives and works in Maldives for an exchange by experience.

I can speak English or  Russian.

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Sulsena, feel free to drop an advert along with your cv in the Jobs in Maldives section of the website. You may even browse through the existing ads. It might get you an opportunity.

All the very best,
Bhavna

hello Bhavna!
i have some problems in posting my CV here.

Hi... Im here working maldives chief accountant.  I hv been maldives 5th yrs..im interested get know new members.. Friends.. Free time meet n spend time.. Chill.. Going dinner.. Cofee tea..

@Sulsena > your ad has been validated. It is now online. If you have any questions, please contact the team via the contact us form to avoid being off topic here.

Thank you
Christine
Expat.com

Hi. Im Dr Gohar from Pakistan.
I just came to maldives. I must say, its a beautiful place.
Im here for job under MOH. In RAA Attoll.

Hi, I'm a Dutch student, going to the Maldives in two weeks to conduct research for 2,5months. I am currently looking for accommodation at Male or Hulhumale, but I find it hard to find something.

Through ibay.com.mv you can only respond to housing offers if you have a Maldivian number, which I don't have yet as I am not there yet.

I'm looking to stay with a family / room mates / alternatively a guest house (but that may be over my budget). Any tips?

Hi All, I am Malaysian and recently my employer from Saudi Arabia offered me a post in Maldives. We are a main contractor for Nasir Ibrahim Airport expansion. I accepted the offer and I got the business visa already from Maldives Immigration Dept. The problem now is I didn't have an official aprroved offer letter from Maldives (SBG Maldives) and the contract. I also didn't know how my company got my business visa but I have fill up a visa form and return to my employer for submission. Please advise what shoud I expect for the documents before leaving my country to Maldives.

Thank you in advance

am wiliams from Nigeria looking for a resort job in Maldives

RenskeF wrote:

Hi, I'm a Dutch student, going to the Maldives in two weeks to conduct research for 2,5months. I am currently looking for accommodation at Male or Hulhumale, but I find it hard to find something.

Through ibay.com.mv you can only respond to housing offers if you have a Maldivian number, which I don't have yet as I am not there yet.

I'm looking to stay with a family / room mates / alternatively a guest house (but that may be over my budget). Any tips?

i think you have to come first maldives. normaly from ibay  u cant get it becouse owners offer who is coming with cash then there. they dont wait as you come maldives. first few days beter stay a hotel (25 USD to any). while you stay hotel within 3,4 day you can get it,.. if any help neede contact me. xxxx

Hello, i am a newby too. i just accepted a job in the Maldives and i will be moving at the end of May. I have been an expat all over the world for the last 8 years and i still dont get tired.

I am a yound professional and i teach scuba diving.

So curious to move, i can't wait!

Hey man! Could we please message and talk about this, If this page is what it says it's exactly what I need right now!!!

Cheers, Mitchell

Hi! I have just graduated with little experience and am wondering what is the average basic salary for human resource officer in a resort?
Would anyone enlighten me please because I was offered 300usd basic salary for that position.

Hi guys, I am a newby in Maldives. I came here to do marketing for the company. We do the project management and quantity surveying service. This is a new challenge for me. you can suggestion me
Cheers,

hello! i'm a newbie  planning to work in maldives. Does anyone here works or knows Roxy Maldives Resort? What's like working there?

Hello Everyone,

I am a Filipino working here in Maldives, engaged in the Aviation Industry and recently joined this site.

Regards,

Hey everyone am Franklyn from The Gambia western part of Africa I have got a job offer in Maldives am flying over hopefully next month my job site is Shell Beans how is it there thanks

Hello there... I'll be moving to the kihavah island by next week...looking forward to be there.. any suggestions,tips or help would be appreciated as it's gonna be my first time to travel and live in an island..
Cheers

Hi all:

I am Asimuddin, Indian, will be moving to Maldives on a 2 year construction project.
First time offshore.
Glad to welcome any thoughts/inputs related to Indian food in Male'
Would be needing survival tips, (watching CAST AWAY over and over again)

Really Excited!

Cheers to all,

I'm Indonesian and will be moving male as an expat for the first time.  I would like to meet Indonesian family and making friends with everyone else.

Let's talk on msg.
Thank you.

Nat

hi. please van you let me know hows your expereince working dere in maldives . i am searching  for a medical officer job in obstetrics in maldives

Hallow am new here, my name is venchwa, am planning to visit Maldives for job hunting,
I need help of someone to host me,
I have every thing concerning with accommodation costs, food and fight costs, but my problem is that I don't have any one to host me,

Am from Tanzania, but living in Estonia,

Whatsap me ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello.my name is Natalia I'm moving to Maldives next year as my boyfriend is Maldivian and I have got job offer but due to few reasons I need to stay in UK(settlement status for EU nationals).would be great to meet new people here. I'll be staying in south male atoll (maafushi)

Good Luck to you !

Hi im gigilyn looking for a job anywhere in maldives. Im a national certificate holder as a bartender. Im 31 years of age. I know im bit old but i can say i have experience and i want to learn new things new culture new environment thats why i want to move in maldives

Hello Everyone I just joined in this site yesterday. I just wanted to know more about Maldives since I have a job offer to work there as Marketing Executive (industry type: is HEALTHCARE PROVIDER/HOSPITAL) in Male. It would be my first time to work abroad.

And also meet new friends here.

I am an Experienced Marketing Officer here in the Philippines at the same time I teach computer subjects in secondary level and college  and business computing, also I do training's related in IT.

I also organize events since it is part of my job before as Marketing Officer.
- promotions and advertising
- hosting
- Product / Service Presentations

At the same time I am a volunteer. I am involve in some of the community services in our place here.

Styxy here

Hi there Styx,

Firstly, I suggest that you read your contract thoroughly and understood before you finalize, you can make amendment that work both ways to you and your employer.

Second check the cost of living in the Maldives in the www.

Finally the accommodation and other things that your employer will provide, do not be afraid to ask is you are staying alone in a room or its sharing ? amenities T&B, laundry area, etc. do be afraid to ask.

Before you enter an agreement, remember you work for living.

Regards,

Ollie

Thank you so much Mr. Oll for all these information.

ok i understand it wrong. there is similar named local cafe in the capital.

Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort, Gaafu Alifu Atoll, Maldives ... it must be good. resort life is good you can save and everything is good in resorts in the maldives. however it depends on your professional and skill level. there will be very skilled people and once must have the skill to be with them in team.  normally maldivians are good and kind to foreigners unless they show rudeness.
read your contract and basic salary etc.
regards
nixam

Hi my name is Mahmoud I'm from Egypt I work in diving center in Sharm El sheikh city as sales in speak Russian German English Arabic I work before also as receptionist in 5 star hotel I have very good communication skills computer skills office Icdl I'm very interesting to work in Maldives as sales in diving center or water sports center or as receptionist or guest relation or waiter I will accept any kind of job as begging now I look for job online but if I don't found something I will come after New Year
I will appreciate any kind of help even by information

Hie!
Iam jimmy currently working in Dubai-UAE but much interested to work in Maldives so how can I make it good people?

hi. I will be working in Maldives for about a month this october . bringing payment solution in the transportation sector. MTCC. Looking forward to meet my fellow Filipinos and other natiomalities. just leave me a message. thanks

i m working in male from Sri lanka..

This site seems stale, not any new messages since January?

I am just bored and looking for distraction ... 'for an hour or two'...

I've been here almost 3 years and now all my friends are enjoying other countries with
better / different conditions.

Stuck at home, waiting for the phone with confirmation of some of my missing schedule so nothing else to do except look online.

dave

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi. I'm Dr. Salvin Mendes from Goa, India.Its been about 2 months now since I've come to Male. Looking forward to meeting people who would be interested in hanging out.Planning to do a certified diving course while I'm here.

hi! I just got my job offer and i have no idea working in maldives.. is 450 USD (basic pay)+ 84 USD (food allowance) a good offer.. accomodation is provided by the company.. in field of sales.. hope you can help me guys..

you can add me. i would  like help you..

Closed