Close

New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi gays
I live in ireland cork city .work as acupuncturist and business man.

Hi all ^^ My husband my kid (7)  and myself live in South Africa. My great grandfather came here for a better life leaving Ireland behind , there is nothing in this world i want more then to move to Ireland.

Hi all! I joined Expat recently, but never introduced myself. My name is Linda, and I am originally from Lisbon, Portugal, but I am currently living in Santa Clara, CA, USA. I have been living in California for 13 years and working for five years in the product development industry, but I want to take a leap of faith and move to Ireland. Why? Because of the friendly environment, safety, and job opportunity. Yes, I could move back to my hometown, but Ireland presents better and more job opportunities for process engineers, and when I was looking at Irish job boards, I could not believe that there are a quite few openings for process engineers, especially in pharmaceutical and life sciences industries! 

I hope to find this forum very helpful!

Hi All :)

We are newbies here!

We currently reside in Cape Town, South Africa and are seriously considering relocating to Ireland.

We are self-employed and run an successful occupational health and safety company.

We also have 2 boys ages 14 and 8.

If anyone can offer some advise on employment etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Have a happy day!

Hi everyone.

Ireland seems like a quiet, relaxed country.

Any Physios from SA now working in Ireland?

Merlin

Howdy my name is Dalton and I live in southeastern Oklahoma, USA. It can be very hot, wet, dry, windy, or muggy here and the weather changes in a minutes notice. It's terrible place living here on the plains so me and my buddy are planning to move to Killarney Ireland by 2021 to seek out a better life where the weather isn't so terrible and the landscape isn't so flat and windy.

Hello,

I am Phung.
I am freshly arrived in Cork 2 weeks ago from Paris. I am living here now.

Happy to be on this website to meet others expat in Cork :)

Hi Dalton

I think you underestimate your weather completely. I think you should come and spend a week maybe 2 in ireland and then decide if the only reason you want to move is for the weather. I hope you own a good pair of wellies, coat and durable umbrella along with lots of vit D tablets if you might get SAD.
All the best
s

Expatriate health insurance in Ireland

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ireland

Moving to Ireland

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ireland

Travel insurance in Ireland

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ireland

Flights to Ireland

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ireland