Close

New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Colombia forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Colombia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hello, everyone.  I'm Colleen from Canada.
Hope everyone's having a great day.
I'm considering relocating to Colombia.  I
have a business which relies completely
(unfortunately) upon the internet.  I'd been
wondering what it's like there, for the most
part, please?  Very grateful for any info/help.
Thanks so much! :)

Hi Colleen, you should definitely visit and get to know the country and culture. I loved Cartagena so much after I visited, I decided to move here!

Couple things to note...some feedback and info you'll find applies to one city but may not be true for others, Spanish is not optional, and Internet is pretty good in the major cities.

Happy to help with any questions you may have!
Jessica

Thanks so much, Jessica, and I do hope to visit wherever I'll
decide upon first, yes.  I'm a single female and had thought
of Medellin because I was told it was perhaps safer as such?
I don't know if you'd agree with that, or not ...  Not speaking
fluent Spanish sounds like it could be a challenge - even
though I'm purposely choosing a Spanish-speaking country,
as I really do wish to learn it.  It's a beautiful language. :)

Appreciate your reply, Jessica and thanks so much! :)

Hi everyone ... Cynthia in Lancaster, PA here. My husband and I are planning to move to Manizales in about the next year, year and a half. I'm going to get a CELTA so I can teach (gotta have something going to do ...!)

I guess I don't have any specific questions right now, just wanted to introduce myself. My husband is from Manizales and we are planning on retiring there. We'd like to buy a lot and build a house.

Just looking forward to living en la ciudad de las puertas abiertas!

Hi Colleen... the Internet is fine in the cities. Have you thought about Cali... it's certainly a lot cheaper than Meddillin and Cartagena.The people are so happy here,  and if you like music and dance then you'll  hit the jackpot.
As for safety... I've  lived  here for  four years and never even seen trouble,  let alone  been involved.... Use your head and you'll be  safe anywhere.

Hello from Dallas.
My name is Rusty, a retired Air Force Pilot.   My wife and I want to start spending more time abroad and I have visited Medellin a couple of times now and really enjoyed it.  Our goal is two  live in Medellin about half the year and Dallas the other half.
I'll be in Medellin next month, 7 through 14 March, and would like to meet with a local expat to discuss what they have learned.
I would appreciate your help/advise.

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Rusty, thanks for your introduction. Feel free to create a new topic on the Medellin forum with a few precise questions. Members will guide you through their experience.

All the best,
Bhavna

Its very Good

What kind of business are you involved in down in Medellin ? I love that city !!!
Brian

Hi friends

This is kapil gupta from india.can you guide me here in colombia regarding business  ,job oppurtunities.currently working with an indian mnc here.

Regards
Kapil

Hi Colleen,

When are you planning on moving to Colombia?

Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Colombia

Moving to Colombia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Colombia

Travel insurance in Colombia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Colombia

Flights to Colombia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Colombia