New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2017

Thank you :)

Thank you - much appreciated :)

Thank you Julien for organising this forum!
My name is Lisa, I am Chinese and English speaker.
Fall in love with Thailand, now want to find a job to be able to live here.
I have extensive experience in project management, events sales management in hospitality, with a bachelor's degree in fashion,pm me for CV if you have any positions open, thanks!
I would like to meet new people all around the world.

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Pearflower, perhaps you could drop an advert along with your cv in the dedicated section of the website ?

- Jobs in Thailand

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello,
My name is Michael Bazazo I'm a Lebanese native Italian guy, I have a lot of experience in the Bar tendering and Bar managing field and its domain! I have a degree in International Business and Micro Finance! But my passion was always for the art of bar tendering this is how I became so good at it and now I manage 2 clubs in Lebanon, I lived in Phuket for 2 years before and opened a restaurant with my partner and we got back since we made enough money and now I'm seeking for another opportunity to get back and work in Phuket again and have a great time doing what I love and with what I'm good at!
I would really be happy if u would consider my Application or help me in any means and thank you!
I will send links of my Facebook page and work places, I hope you would love them ^^
Thank you!

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Broken link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi

Nice to be here
[link moderated]

Heya fellow expats! Jerry Ambrose here reporting in from beautiful Chiang Mai. If anyone else on here also lives in Chiang Mai and interested in meeting up feel free to give me a shout. Also, if you are interested in events for networking, wine tastings and pairings, or any other types of events, don't hesitate to reach out and I can point you in the right direction.

Kind Regards,
Jerry Ambrose

Hi my name is Robbert,

I have lived in different countries and living in beautiful Hua Hin for the past 3 years now.

I have been helping Expats and digital nomads for the past 14 years find their passion, do what they love and enjoy life through my coaching and counseling practice.

If there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to visit my site. [link moderated ]

Wishing everybody a wonderful stay while abroad

:-)
RJ

Reason : Please don't promote your website on the forum.

Hi Robbert

Ian & I are looking at retiring in Thailand .

Hua Hin was a suggestion. Another -Phuket ( where we dont know yet ).

We would welcome all / any advise you may have.

We will be in Phuket for 3 weeks in June , to look around.

Many Thanks
Irene

Reason : Off-Topic + proposing own services

Hi all
My first day in Bangkok. Looking for meeting new people and experience new adventures.
Please connect.
Thanks

Hi Y'all. I've been in Chiang Mai for a while now. Just saying Hi. Here I am!

Hi everyone,
I'm Carlos, a freelance marketer who's relocating to Bkk in May. I was in Thailand long time ago and loved the culture and vibe, specially the food! I hope I can travel a lot to nearby SEA countries while I am there... Bkk has proved one of my favourites Asian cities so far... Kao Pad Khai here I come!
Cheers,
C

Hi

My name is Trevor.  Have lived in Thailand for 8 years.  Have been based in Jomtien for the past 4 years.  Have been a member since 2014, but only just started to post. 
I love Thailand and its lifestyle and climate.  I hope I can make some positive contributions to the forum.

Hi guys my name gilang
I'm from Indonesia, maybe not many people know Indonesia
people only know Bali :D

I live at bang na now..and it almost 2 months now
for first time it's hard to live because the language, but I love to lived here..the people so nice and the food so amazing

and now I was looking for friends and jobs :D
maybe if you guys who live near bang na we can hang out, I loved to meet new people

and if someone have or need people who can make coffee and graphic design, you can call me for a job.. I'm a barista and graphic designer by the way :)

okay I think it's too much for introduction haha

have a nice day everyone :D

Hello, I am Steve and I plan to retire in Chiang Mai, Thailand in 2020.  We have each been to Thailand four times and find it very nice.

I am working to learn Thai now so that I can speak at least passable Thai.  We have survived on the very basics of language in the past and since we plan to live there we are working to hone our language skills.  I got on a website and connected with some people in Thailand that are looking to learn more English.  I enjoy my conversations with the people I  have met online.

We are working now to unwind our lives from America.  We have to sell or get rid of all the stuff in our house and get ourselves ready to move to Thailand.  It is surprising how much stuff one collects over time.

We think that the best at first is to go with no car or motorbike.  I have driven a motorbike there before.  We may get one later as I get used to driving on the Left.  It takes a lot of mental energy to keep to the left after so many years on the right.

We think that getting around a lot on foot will get us more exercise and be healthy for us.  We can always use Tuk Tuks or Red Trucks to get around.  Uber seems to be available as well.

I have found Google Maps is good for looking around without being there.

Best wishes everyone.

Hi Everyone,

I just moved to Phuket from England. I will be here 6 months, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of fun things I can do in the area. I don't have a car so I have to rely on walking and taxis although I was thinking about learning how to drive a motorbike.

Chloe

Hi

Be very careful if you get a motorbike.  Expect the unexpected, driving/riding a motorbike in Thailand is dangerous.  Can't help you with activities in Phuket as I live in Jomtien.  If you do get a motorbike?scooter.  Buy a cheap one, will work out cheaper than a long term rental. Good luck and enjoy your stay in Thailand.

where in phuket? i have friends who are in a band (musicians)..if you interested in live music you will enjoy watching them, im a band member too but im in koh samui,,if you will visit koh samui i have a lot of good places for you to advice. :)

I work in Patong, but I'm living in Kathu, oooh what type of music?

RNB..hiphop..rock..its a party band they are all from philippines you will enjoy it they are really good..wait i will ask where in phuket they are

Julien, thanks for the welcome mate.
I am a retired, divorced Australian on a pension. I am looking for a more relaxed and cost of living lifestyle.
I would love to hear from other expats as far as the cost of living, rent etc. goes living in Chiang Mai goes.
At first I would not be living on a shoestring, but a pair of thongs. Pardon the pun.
Its great to be here and hope I get some positive reviews from the forum.
Take care all, Brian  :):):D

There is another string which has a break down of many things and resources. I live in Chiang Mai. I can live very well on 30k - 35k baht a month. You could add another $500 US if you wanted to live larger, and enjoy drinking. I have a 2 bedroom furnished house for 12k baht a month.
Warning; The bar scene can be fun. After awhile chasing the hangovers lead to a dead end. Just a little friendly reminder.
There is an increasing Australian population in Chiang Mai. You can start meeting them at the expat breakfasts. (Keep away from a guy named David McPhee, he's trouble.)

Hi there

Last summer I spent some time in Chiang Mai and Koh Samui. I really liked both places and the obvious contrasts.
Throughout my professional career I have been a High School teacher in Scotland and Japan. (M.Ed qualified). I have combined this with my passion tennis and as a professional coach, have taught tennis all over Europe plus Japan and Russia.
So I hope this information about me is suitable. I also hope to develop my interest in Traditional Thai massage and treatments by taking over a shop in Chiang Mai.

I look forward to hearing from you and benefiting from your experienced advice

Chris

Thanks Nicky, you would be a handy lady to know as I am planing to retire to Chiang Mai in the near future.
Hope we can keep in touch with questions I may happen to have as time goes by.
Take care , Brian :cheers:

Good Day Everyone,

I have been living here for over four years having retired early with my wife to her home in Khorat. The reason why I am on this forum is because the cost of living here is becoming a bit too much and I had bee idly looking around at alternative places to end my days.

In saying that I do not actively seek out other expats for friendship as having worked the majority of my life outside the UK I do not have a very high opinion of some of my fellow expats and their approach to their host country.

We are here and if one day we bump into you and get along fine then that is great and I hope it works out well.

We move about a lot within the LoS so that is a very real possibility

Hi Kira,

welcome to Thailand, how you doing good to know you there are many interesting things in this crazy city depends what you are interested in.............

Enjoy your stay

Hi Everyone....

I am living in this country from last 20 yrs....... its really great place friendly people amazing cites, specially Bangkok....

I own business here having office in Bangkok and Chanthaburi.

Looking for friends from around the world.......
hope to meet some soon

God Day !

Kind of you Nicky. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm Wan from Singapore. Working in the insurance industry currently based in Bangkok.

I also spent a couple of years in Timor-Leste.

Look forward to know you all better.

Best,

Hi

Do you need a gem stone cutter in Chantaburi?

Woww....me too travel to Thailand but at BKK.

Im sarah. Goin to travel BKK on 26 and 27 next week. Looking for.friends at Thailand.

Welcome NickyNik and good luck!

Hi i sign up on this to look for a job for my mother.  She is an ex abroad and expert in housekeeping field. Aged 52 with a good moral character and can converse in english.  She can start anytime. Anyone interested or looking for a nanny or maid or a helper,  please message me on this number xxx This is for job hunting only :) thank u ka!

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi everyone,

@ Budang > Please use the Jobs in Thailand section to look for a job as this thread has been created only for the introduction of new members.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Hi Everyone,

I'm Teeravat, or you can call me 'Tom'. I'm Thai but just relocate back from Australia for a Job which I had not been through because of neglected commitment.  So I have to run on my own.  I'm versatile of : freight & ship broker, trader of grocery and few frozen fruit.  I have accredited as British Council CPD as a English teacher as well before leaving Australia.  Main past study and background is International education in the U.S./Australia and work in a shipping industry plus general trading on each opportunity comes.  Presently, working and trying to export frozen fruit and groceries items to South East region.  Anyone can drop me any inquiry or question, we probably can build some concrete deal together. 

Kind regards,
Tom

Hi all, Dimi here. As a world traveler, I've always recommended Thailand in my top 5 destinations to anyone looking to move abroad for the first time. There are many reasons for this. Firstly, the breathtaking natural beauty. Secondly, the friendly and accommodating people. Thirdly, and most importantly, the huge amount of work opportunities, particularly in the English teaching profession. The Thai government actively encourages English tuition throughout every educational level, from primary school to Tertiary institutions. And the demand keeps growing. Whether you're just an English speaking foreigner or a fully qualified teacher, there are job opportunities for any skill level. To find out more, check out:   jobs.movinhand.com/teaching-english-abroad/thailand

Hello All

My name is Laurel. My husband and I have visited CM several times for a few months each time. We're retired, from the U.S. and have been traveling for the last three years solid. We are in our mid 60's and love to travel. At this time, however, there is a more pressing need. While paragliding in Nepal, I had a fall in with a tree and lost. The groin pull was bad enough and almost healed, but now I have a sciatic nerve pinch. I would ask for help in finding a good chiropractor in Chiang Mai. They have helped me with the sciatic nerve pinch before. I need to get where I can move and walk correctly before I aggravate the pull again.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the Old City near the Suan Dok Gate area if that helps.

Thanks, guys

Welcome Laurel. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and condition.
I don't know of any chiropractors, but I'm sure you have tried Thai massage.

Closed