New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2017

Hi everyone, it's been three plus months that I am here in Nairobi. Have been looking for a job in Higher Education Teaching and Corporate Training but no success so far. I am getting worried now as I have all the credentials and was doing a very active and well paid job back home. This too much of a rest is actually making me weary!

hello
am in Luanda angola not kenya i left kenya in December 2016 to Angola

Hi guys,
im Elijah from nairobi, 23years old, completed campus having studied BSc. Computer Science. Already in the job hunt & stil looking forward to making new friends. thanks ya'll.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I am Rinku. Leaves in Nairobi.

Friends ...

I am from Hyderabad, India I plan to move June, company offers 1400 USD + Accommodation,for food and local expenses purpose 20000kshs offered, how is automobile in Kenya in car segment how dealers are there ( i.e. MARUTI SUZUKI, HYUNDAI, TOYOTA ),
Presently am working in Hyderabad as a Senior Manager Service ( cars servicing / repair)

i feel like i Nairobi you can manage well with that pay if accommodation is covered but if u have kids and will need school and all that pay will not be enough but if is just u it will be enough even to save some. things are white accessible in Kenya transportation system is great getting ur own personal car is cheap I love Kenya go for it.

Hi all,
I'm Nicky. I recently accepted a job in Nairobi so will be moving there mid-August. I have lived and worked abroad before, but moving alone to a new place like this is a little daunting so I would love some advice on renting, buying new stuff (or second hand) vs shipping my own stuff, etc.
Thanks, and nice to meet you!

Hi hi,
i love Nairobi so i will say u are moving to the right place where system works and where everything is accessible and at good price.
u can get must of ur stuff second hand in good condition if u like but new ones are also no that expensive use OLX kenya, killimani mum, Nairobi expatriate etc to get fairly used secondhand stuff. where to leave the closer to ur office the better Nairobi has crazy traffic. great areas to live is Westlands, Runda statehouse, Gigiri ,Thigiri and others.
i wish u will come to love Nairobi like i do all the best.

Hi all. I'm Mercy, I'm a Kenyan Attorney practicing in Nairobi. My areas of interest are real estate, immigration, business law, tax law, adoption and dispute resolution. Am here to network and make new friends.

Hi. I can assist in finding a home to stay. What is your preference? Let's talk

Hi,

Looking for some advise regarding moving between London and Kenya, have a wife and a 6 year old child both Kenyan as well as British nationals, I have been married for 9+ Years. We live/work in London though we have an apartment in Lavington.

Andrew

hey
kenya is great but since kids are still small and have the change to leave and have better education in the west stay there till maybe they are teens then u move back and teach them the african cultre at this point in ur life kids come first if u dont have any other option then is ok to move back cuz even in kenya we have great international schools they can go to.

Hey

Am here to make friends

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=679383

Thanks!

Closed