WHY DO PEOPLE HATE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?

I replied to a discussion that is circulating on this website regarding marrying Dominican Republic women, I expressed my discontentment about all the backlash the Expats were doing while they are overseas, and the person who in charge, decided not to publish my comments.  I think I am entitled to my opinion the same way that others people express their opinions.  The reason why they are allow to do this is because they know fully well the people in these countries doesn't speak, read, or write in English therefore, they think is right to say whatever they want to backlash these people.  I think it is totally wrong to do what they are doing, if you don't like the way things are, you are not forcing to stay in these countries.

Apparently some like.....what do they call that again....oh yeah..."freedom of speech",   while others like to be PV, and are into censorship.

It all depends on the nature of your 'freedom of speech'.
If it's racist, insulting, illegal or generally nasty, you don't have the freedom to say it here.
Expressing discontent is fine, as long as you abide by the forum's rules.

thecolonel wrote:

Apparently some like.....what do they call that again....oh yeah..."freedom of speech",   while others like to be PV, and are into censorship.

Have to or the forum would end up with pointless bunfights.
One poster expresses an extreme or insulting position, someone responds, and BANG - Fight time.

If someone can explain the advantage in such things, I have confidence the admin would be happy to listen, but I don't think anyone has managed so far.

Some people think there are advantages to "free speech",  but not PC people, they like to censor.

There's nothing PC in keeping arguments away from the forum; just keeping arguments away from the forum.
There are loads of political forums that allow freedom to insult and upset, but that isn't the case here as this platform is intended as a mutual help place, and that can't be done properly if it's full of bad feeling.

Nobody admits to being PC.

Well as a matter of fact, my comment was related to some people in these forums that are backlashing, and bashing the women in the third world countries which I found very distasteful, and sexist. As a woman, I feel very offended, disrespected, and disgusted that men think they have the right to have women do what ever they want and be happy about it.  Some men in these forums don't behave like a real, mature, man, they behave as if they have peter pan syndrome.  If you have freedom to express yourself by diminish women in the third world countries, I have the freedom to response to your backlashes.

If you meant that huge message whete soman was bashing....MEN, can you tell me where thar is, cant find it, and want to comment?

I have not seen the potentially offending messages so I can't comment as to their nature or why they were placed under review.
Review means they've gone up a level to the senior moderation team to be assessed, so might well reappear on the forum if they're deemed to be within posting guidelines.
Some messages are edited to the level an offending comment is removed, but the rest of the post returns.
Sexist comments, or at least serious ones, tend to go as they cause problems, regardless as to which sex bashes the other.

If any member feels a whole group of people are being unfairly defamed, be it women, men, gay people, whatever skin colour, religion, or any other group accusations - Report the post in the correct manner.
The same goes for posts that offend in any way.

If you feel the post requires more action, please use the "Contact us" button at the bottom of this page.

destination50 wrote:

bashing the women in the third world countries which I found very distasteful, and sexist. As a woman, I feel very offended, disrespected, and disgusted that men think they have the right to have women

MEN, or just some men?

That's a prime example of a sexist comment, exactly the sort of thing you're complaining about.
Perhaps I could invite you to consider both sides of the coin as at least one man, me, doesn't engage in that sort of activity. I suspect I'm in the majority.

That post might well have been placed under review or deleted by someone as it's clearly sexist in nature and very insulting to men in general.

Would it be offensive to call all the 'chapeadoras'.........'chapeadoras', even if dominicans do too?

destination50. I did read your posts and they were very offensive to all men, not just a few. The posts were sexist and raciest and un-deserving to the people on the forum.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinions.  State them in a non racist,  non insulting and offensive way and I will likely agree with a lot of it.

State it in a way that lumps all men in one pot, that screams racism and is insulting to everyone here and you will be removed.  Simple really.

Try to engage people in conversation and educate them and you will get your point across. Insulting all MEN is not what is going to be allowed. 

I am a woman and was very insulted by your posts.

I understand there is  freedom of speech, however I have come across comments on various threads on here of men degrading the Dominican women. I do not agree and dislike with passion any vulgar, sexist and/or racist comments toward any of the genders but unfortunately most of  these  comments are made towards women. Therefore the Expat community should review and refrain on these comments, as this is not a dating site.  For example, if these messages are reviewed before being posted and there is something written in Spanish, please learn what the word means before approving for such message to be posted. The "word" could be very offensive to someone.

As you stated, these forums are created to educate one another in fulfilling ultimately the same goals, or simply sharing opinions to reach the same.

Unfortunately not everyone on this forum are looking for information on moving to the Dominican Republic. Shame.

I agree with you. But posts are not  pre approved.  We moderate after they are posted and we do our best. The best way to help is to report any post you find offensive, that way it can be reviewed and removed as fast as possible!