Paying tax for this service, how?

Hi guys,

Sorry if the topic is confusing, but didn't know how to summarize it well.

I have been offered a job where I will work as a consultant and invoice a company abroad. I won't be employed by them, but will just send an invoice of the work I have done.

How should I pay tax for this? Is there a form I have to fill in each month or how does it work? I want this to be as easy as possible for me as this is completely new. Any information you could provide on this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

You will have to fill in a tax form anyway so why not visit the expat tax section in Floriana and ask them?

Terry

Because it's a lot more handy if someone already knows the answer here and would let me know.

ProfessionalExpert wrote:

Because it's a lot more handy if someone already knows the answer here and would let me know.

Whats handier than asking the people who know, directly?

You don't know if any advise given on the forum is correct or not.

Investing a small amount of time to get correct ( FREE ) advise from the tax office will ensure that you are  complying with the law.

Terry

Obviously asking here is way handier.

I imagine you will have to open your own entity or something and tax would be paid yearly based on your declared earnings - but I'm no expert. Most consultants have their own "business" and pay tax that way.

If you are not employed by them but invoice them for work done then you are self employed or you set up a company and operate through that. Either way you would have to register as such.

As Terry said, don't rely on guesswork on here, ask the experts at the tax office and ETC, that's what they are there for.

Ray