Getting your Residence permit

Guys, this is hands-on information about your Romanian Residence permit. Is easier than ever to apply for one.
If you want to apply for self support permit , you just need a bank statement with 50 pounds or the romanian equivalent in RON. Fill the paper they give you at the office and have a printed copy after your UK national insurance card.
I undeline, you do not need a ROMANIAN HEALTH INSURANCE, as long as you have your health insurance/ card from the country you came from.
Buy a file (dosar cu sina) from any stationery shop, have copies after your document and present yourself at the desk in the morning.
Regarding the banks, BT (Banca Transilvania) can open your bank account with your passport. Don't need a rental agreement or anything.
As regarding your address, just tell them where you live in Romania and that's about it. No need of proof.

Good luck and welcome to Romania!

Thanks for the info, though it has been covered many times.  Though I am surprised that no proof of rental contract or property title was requested :)  Also it's important to note that this info is valid for EU nationals only.  Non EU citizens have a considerably more complicated process, which has also been discussed at length.

Romaniac

Well, my long term English partner just applied in December and they believed him regarding his address without any proof.
Of course, he told the truth because he needed the residence permit for the car insurance and the address must be correct, to correspond with the address in the car's paper.
Yes, what I said apply for EU citizens.