Where to go!

:D Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice.Thinking about moving to oz with my wife and 3 young children aged 11,8 and 3.Could anyone tell me the best areas to consider for bringing up family. I am a joiner/carpenter to trade and my wife is an employment adviser. We are both aged 37 and are just really looking for any advice that would help get the ball rolling. Much appreciated. Worried about kids not settling into schools and stuff, also about being outsiders or would that not be such an issue??. I know Australia is a massive place but it would be great to have a starting point to investigate a bit further, within a short driving distance from the coast if possible. Thanks again.:)

Hi wandm, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will advice you on best places to stay in Australia.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks Christine, any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hi wandm,
when I was coming to OZ I thought it was not a good place to rase a child, I was completely wrong, I'm living in Melbourn for two years now, this place is awesome, really family, I live in Ashburton and I can say that South East area is perfect, Mont Waverley, Glen Waverley, Glen Iris, Malvern, Toorak, all these place are good to rase a kid.

Cheers
Marcos
helponaustralia.blogspot.com

G'Day from Australia.

I am a local living in Brisbane. Dundee - is that in Scotland? I was there last year.

There's heaps of work here for any trades. Because Australia supplies China with minerals we have largely been immune from the GFC. There's work here if you want it. The climate in the north (more tropical)  of the country in warmer than in the south. However, we are not immune to the weird weather that the world is experiencing. There is a building boom on in Queensland that is expecting to go on for many years. In fact the economy is on fire - drivenm again by China and the folw-on effects.If you are a tradesman I would expect that you would have your own business in just a few years of being here due to the demand. Alternatively you could easily get work in the Government; councils etc.

As an Aussie living in Australia I like Melbourne more than Sydney - too much hustle and bustle for me.     

Cheers Tony