Pedro's Inn

Hello everyone...I am planning to visit Belize this year to see what to expect when I plan to live there permanently. I was checking to see which hotel or motel to book to stay and I came upon Pedro's Inn which is the cheapest of all the hotels available. Has anyone stayed there and if so how are the rooms and the service?

533 reviews on www.Tripadvisor.com

sloputtputt;
I stayed there two years ago when we first moved to Belize. Pedro's is part hostel and part hotel. Our hotel room was clean. small but adequate with A/C, and pool available. We were happy for the price. Peter (Pedro) also owns Caribbean Villas and Pedro's guests are welcome to use that resorts beach and facilities.

Some of the things to be aware of are;
- It backs onto the airport runway with regular flights all day, between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm
- There is a restaurant/bar on sight that can be a bit noisy in the evenings.
- At that time water pressure was low in the showers and only just suitable for their purpose.
- No fridge for cold drinks.

We would use Pedro's again, but don't expect any frills for the price.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Bill...very helpful indeed. I think I don't need to worry about the flights in and out of the airport during those hours since most likely I will be out and about during those hours. The only draw back I see is the noise in the evenings. Especially, when it is time to get some sleep and be rested for the next day. How is the restaurant? During what time is the water pressure low for the shower?

sloputtputt wrote:

Thank you Bill...very helpful indeed. I think I don't need to worry about the flights in and out of the airport during those hours since most likely I will be out and about during those hours. The only draw back I see is the noise in the evenings. Especially, when it is time to get some sleep and be rested for the next day. How is the restaurant? During what time is the water pressure low for the shower?

Agreed sloputtputt, none of the problems I listed were issues for us, but everyone's expectations and comfort level is different, so I listed them. You will find that noisy bars are just a fact of life in Belize, and especially in San Pedro may be unavoidable no matter where you hang your hat, especially during high season. The water at Pedro's at that time was gravity fed (I think) rather than pumped to the building so pressure was always low and just adequate for showers. The restaurant as I recall was good but a bit over priced in my opinion, In all honesty we only ate there once, we found that we ate at others, or the local foods of the street vendors or the local vendors at Central Park when we were out and about.