You guys holding back on me?

Just kidding folks.
With adding wood to the fire to stay warm and continuing my research, I came across this.
The Fajardo Trench!
Zanja de Fajardo
You holding out on me??

I can't map it... Seven Seas area.
Know of it?

Nope never heard of it

This is what I found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=meiEj4oRFzg

But I think you may be refering to the Puerto Rico trench which is so deep that Mount Everest could be inserted there leaving but 100 feet above water.

Google Maps es 18.37691,-65.64514.
Never heard of it, but PR has a lot of small secrets only found by the adventurous and those with a small boat.

I know the Puerto Rico trench, the deepest waters in the Atlantic.  Is that what you mean?

PR is somewhat remarkable in that such deep waters are so close to land, both on the northern and southern sides of the island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Ri … an-map.pnghttp://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorati … rench.html

Think this is it.
18-23'15.16" N
65-37' 29.96" W

How's that work with yours Rey.
I haven't figured out how to reset the cords in Google to,your format.

Google map,names it La Cueva

Yes, I have read that the PR trench is favorite area for big game Marlin fishing.   I'm looking for a boat & skipper that can find us some good bill fish or marlin fishing on the northwest side.    The Isle Mona on the west side was mentioned in one article.

I have the decimals running now
You're on the west of Seven Seas.
I'm on the east.
18.387583. Lat
-65.622439  Lon

I have to take your word for it, I got the coordinates from a site.
Hope you enjoy it and have a pair of sneakers on, those rocks look sharp.
Did you see the video I posted?

The water is forming a cave, it is not too deep yet if you look at the video you will see.

I've seen a few now. That's how I first learned of it.

I've also been reading the snorkeling is very good off the Preserve.
Where we'll be staying is just about across the street from the entrance to it.
I've learned there's tours that run on the preserve, but yet to learn if you can 'day pass' and drive within it.

Really cool Lighthouse out there as well!

Sitka wrote:

Yes, I have read that the PR trench is favorite area for big game Marlin fishing.   I'm looking for a boat & skipper that can find us some good bill fish or marlin fishing on the northwest side.    The Isle Mona on the west side was mentioned in one article.

Isle Mona is the mid-way point between DR and PR.
There should be great fishing out there cause your in the 'deeps'!
The run from DR to PR is called The Mona Passage.
It's not for the faint of heart.. Most that do it use Isle Mona as a stopping point and await good weather to continue. Being upwind, DR to PR, most motor sail.
36nm from either coast, being about a 7hr run, in good weather.

I researched this area pretty well cause another place I had in mind was Samana, DR.
Another naturally protected harbor with depths to 100ft and a wonderful bay to Marina in.
Nice Coral reef within an easy sail (2-3hr sail) and nice anchorage points for a weekend sail.
Navidad Bank looks like an awesome fishing spot, but getting there, across the deeps.. well, not for the faint of heart.

My decision was to research more in PR.
East coast seems right for my wants.

Rey, you holding back on me ?
What this tower that over looks  farjardo?
Yocaho tower (?)....
One of the highest points of the rain forest?
Come on buddy, don't hold back!

Man I'm having problems with spell checker today...

Last time we visited we hiked to the top of El Yunque.  I don't recommend it.  If memory serves, Yunque means "white" in Taino, or something like that.  Think about it -- it's a rainforest.  The peak is constantly shrouded in clouds.  Absolutely no view whatsoever.

There are however very good hikes to do there, and the two towers, Mt. Britton and Yokahu top the list in my opinion.  Stunning views of the rainforest, all the way to the coastline.  Las Minas falls is pretty, but popular and frequently crowded.

olddawgsrule wrote:

Rey, you holding back on me ?
What this tower that over looks  farjardo?
Yocaho tower (?)....
One of the highest points of the rain forest?
Come on buddy, don't hold back!

Man I'm having problems with spell checker today...

I has been a while, I do not remember that much. I do remember going up as a boyscout and it was drizzling all the way up, all I could see was clouds from up there. Not sure how it is now 50 years later.

WarnerW wrote:

Last time we visited we hiked to the top of El Yunque.  I don't recommend it.  If memory serves, Yunque means "white" in Taino, or something like that.  Think about it -- it's a rainforest.  The peak is constantly shrouded in clouds.  Absolutely no view whatsoever.

There are however very good hikes to do there, and the two towers, Mt. Britton and Yokahu top the list in my opinion.  Stunning views of the rainforest, all the way to the coastline.  Las Minas falls is pretty, but popular and frequently crowded.

Thank you Warner! These I may wish to see!