Not providing final exit visa

Hello, can anybody could help me on what steps i need to do?
I've been here for 2 years and 9 months already then last dec 12 i gave my manager a 30 day notice that i will be resigning from my job and asking if they could provide a final exit visa. As per my rights he said that they will give. On dec 28 our hr manager show me my flight details that will be on jan 12 but they told that they will not give a final exit instead they will only give exit re entry visa. I did not agree on him because im not going to vacation then it will make me blacklisted after the expiry and also on that very day i send him a letter of request demanding that i need that final exit visa, i also talk to my manager to ask in my behalf to the general manager to give me final exit. Unfortunately the general told to my manager that he will do the same to all expat if they resign. To make it short the gm did not agree that i will be given final exit.
Can you please give advice and procedure to where am i going to ask assistance so that our general manager will give me final exit? Eventhough i already told them that on saudi labor law that they will have a right to sue me in the court if i will come back here and work with thier competitors, suppliers or customers but still he does not agree to provide final exit.

Hmmm...did you submit your resignation according to the notification period stipulated in your contract?

If you did, they should process your final exit not exit-re-entry.

Try to contact our embassy for assistance just in case.

That must not be worry for someone who doesn't have intentions to come back :)

Labor law doesn't say anything about final exit visa or exit re-entry visa for leaving the country. The only way you have is to talk it over with them.

Hi TLL, but if it's an exit-re-entry and he's not going back since he resigned, willl it not affect his record.

What if he is coming back with another employer? Will there no problem in processing a new working visa?

Appreciate your response🙂

What his company is doing is utilizing a loophole in the system. They know for facts that almost all (if not all) are coming back to KSA, to their competitors, on new visas. Giving exit re-entry (ERE) visas, organizations get two advantages:

1- Issuing an ERE is less cumbersome as compared to final exit visas.
2- The employee leaves, and
             - During the Iqama validity period, he can't get the new visa endorsed.
            - After iqama expires, employee is automatically banned for all kinds of saudi 
              visas for 3 years.

The best way to deal with it is:
As I said above: Resolve it amicably with them. Go with a final exit visa.

If above doesn't work, there is a hard way: Go get in fight with them in Labor court. One of the clauses of the verdict will be to get final exit to go. And court will ensure that the employee leaves with a final exit visa, not ERE. This solution is applicable only if you have completed your contract already,

Wow, such a hard and unfair way of punishing employees who is not interested to continue working with a particular company.

So I guess if my fellow kabayan is not planning to go back to KSA, he just have to take the ERE.

Thanks for shedding light on this case TLL. Additional infor for me and for everyone 👌

You're welcome @conniesky.

It's bit off-topic but a message for all viewers who read this post and others who have sent me PMs with such questions:

Don't underestimate my statement below:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

This solution is applicable only if you have completed your contract already,

If you have signed a contract with your employer, complete it promptly.
If you can't complete it having no strong justification, don't expect labor law will act in play to help you. It is written to protect rights of employees, as well as the employers.

P.S.
Having another better job offer is not a strong justification.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

You're welcome @conniesky.

It's bit off-topic but a message for all viewers who read this post and others who have sent me PMs with such questions:

Don't underestimate my statement below:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

This solution is applicable only if you have completed your contract already,

If you have signed a contract with your employer, complete it promptly.
If you can't complete it having no strong justification, don't expect labor law will act in play to help you. It is written to protect rights of employees, as well as the employers.

P.S.
Having another better job offer is not a strong justification.

Agreed. It works both ways🙂

Ate connie can you help me..

hello ,
I am Vasudevan from India,i working in Riyadh for past 4 Months as a service crew in restaurant,in September my wife giving birth to baby,so i asked my visa provider to give leave for 15 days,they are asking me 20000 SR,i resigned my job as well,i went to Indian Embassy,my problem was not solved,i got 10000 SR,i told them this much i got,and employer told when you got full amount come to us,Don't know what to do,can some one help me ,Thank you in advance

Hi  Brother hope you are doing fine.. Could you please sort out my issue i will be more thankful to you, my problem is i came to dammam (saudi) in 2010 dec on job visa ( company visa) i signed papers where there was an agreement for 2 yrs and later on i don't know they didn't take my signature and now i want to go final exit but my boss is objecting me to complete my contract first i stay here for 7 years till now and my boss say contract is for 2 years so you have to stay 1 more year like that which i dont like to stay here anymore brother because he didn't hike my salray from 1year i mean... every two years there will be an increace of 300sr to 500sr but my last hike was in 2014 and from then i finish my 2 yrs and still he didn't hike my salary so am not satisfied to work anymore already i wait for 1 year they didn't increase my salary now again they want me to work 1 more year without increment how can i work ?? Am getting so angry that without increment how can i work for 2 yrs like that ? they are trlling that company is down now so can't increase salary so finish your contract and go exit pls i want your siluggestion brother  where this contract come into the middle ??? they are just bliffing or what ?? I thought Iqama is my contract Pls help me brother

@conniesky how about if I have re entry visa and I will immigrate to the US? Do I encounter any problem?

There is an option to raise a final exit visa in Absher. The employer receives it and has to provide justification the reason for not giving you a final exit. Please login to your absher account in portal and raise it. Good luck.
Hi  remo williams, I found a blog where there is all the details about Final Exit Visa In Saudi Arabia you can check it hope it helps. 

I'm working for past 1 year in Saudi. My contract period is 2 year's but due to my family situation I requesting my company to give final exit and also I'm willing to work notice period of 90 day's but my company rejecting my resignation and ready to book my flight tickets with exit reentry.....and told me that your passport will block for 3 year...what can I do??