Iringa: prospective newby

Greetin All,
I am from the USA and am a graduate student who studies Swahili. I have been to Tanzania three times and lived in Arusha before, and many have recommend Iringa this time for me.  It is a good size for me. I'm looking to live someone more quaint where I can focus on Swahili and will eventually do some research towards my degree.  Iringa seems like an ideal size town for me with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I will visit Iringa for a few days very soon before deciding to move there long term.  I will be looking for a budget guesthouse in town centre  to stay for a few days. I will eventually want to find a one room or self  contained apartment where I can cook and also have internet.

It would be great if you have any specific recommendations that you can point me to for a guesthouse and any other tips in Iringa. I would also be open to anyone that you would like to connect if you are around in the next week.

Thank you

When I am in Iringa for quick trips I stay at the Gold Lodge (not the Mwang'ingo one they have one in town near the main bus terminal - in the heart of the city).  I believe it is around 20,000 TSH per night but sometimes if you are there for a while they give a discount.  Probably the cheapest you can get is 15,000 TSH but it's right by the main bus station and a little bit secluded at night time.  If you need me to track down a number for you just let me know.

A lot of Expats stay at Neema Crafts which is also very central in Iringa town but at a distance with the locals. 

Again,  let me know if I can be of any assistance.  Always happy to help!

Ruth