Sailing Vessel Sundancer

I am seeking information about a 3 masted steel hulled schooner called Sundancer. Registered in Australia.

Last I heard she was beached in Malta for repairs and that was probably 10 years ago.

The vessel was 3 masted, steel hull, low profile, 105 feet long, 12 feet beam, flush deck, hydraulic centerboard, drawing 7 feet with board up and 14 feet with board down. and when I last saw her she was painted black. I spent 3 years sailing on her and helped sail her around the world in 1988 for the Australian Bi Centenary celebrations.

The scuttlebutt I hear was that she was sold to the Maltese mafia and another that she was doing day sails out of Malta. Previous owner called Peter Keating.

I did over 70,000 ocean miles on her and gained my off shore skippers ticket, ocean masters and master mariners tickets for sailing vessels whilst sailing her around the Pacific and the world.

Any help much appreciated.

I found the youtube and FB stuff that you probably already know about but searches are cluttered with rubbish so good info his hard to find.
A registry number would be great.

After exhaustive internet searching I found the fate of Sundancer in Malta. She was purchased by Captain Morgan Cruises in Malta.
Then sat as a derelict hulk before being cut up and removed in 2014.

roberthanns wrote:

why would someone cut a tin can up?

scrap value

I sailed on Sundancer from San Diego CA to Coffs Harbor, Australia with the owner/Captain Felix Homer and his wife Trish in 1981

We left San Diego in early June of 1981 and landed in these islands along the way

The Marquesas

Bora Bora

Moorea (Near Tahiti)

Western Samoa

American Samoa

Fiji

Cleared Customs in Coffs Harbor, Australia in Sept 1981

Tom Smith

please pass on my email if you run into anyone that was on that boat. I would like pics if the have any.

If found a few here

shockwave40.blogspot.com/2012/08/sundancer-3-masted-yacht-southampton.html

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct