Employment still in pending status

Hi all,

I will share with you my path so far. I came here 2 years ago to work as French teacher on EP. Last February 20 I accepted an offer from another school and they applied for an EP the same day. It's been almost 3 months EP is pending. The salary is good, same position as French teacher. I have Tunisian passport.

Any guess why is it pending so far?

Thanks!

It could be due to many reasons as it's normal these days where applicants are waiting more than 1 month to 2 months. You may reach out your employer to send a request letter to MoM to enquiry about your pass. Good luck.

EP application is still pending. 3 months and counting now. Not sure if it had to do with my passport since it's validity is less than 6 months now and I will just get my new passport tomorrow.

Mine is pending for 3 months now also.

Then inform the employer about the changes of your passport and they will do the same along with a copy of that to MoM. May be that could be the reason. Good luck

Yep, will do once I got my new passport.

i have same case as you, my employer applied  for ep  using my less than 6 months valid passport and status is pending. may 16, i got my new passport and send a copy to the hr.

mresp wrote:

i have same case as you, my employer applied  for ep  using my less than 6 months valid passport and status is pending. may 16, i got my new passport and send a copy to the hr.

How's your EP now? Passport release has been delayed for a week according to the gov't agency.

still pending.... it was applied may 9. i ask the hr yesterday, she told me that it has a remark  "3 weeks from date of application". i don't know how she able to see that remarks...

ill keep you updated.

mresp wrote:

still pending.... it was applied may 9. i ask the hr yesterday, she told me that it has a remark  "3 weeks from date of application". i don't know how she able to see that remarks...

ill keep you updated.

Mine doesn't have anything lol. And when i asked the agency they are not replying and i need to ask them a lot of times before they will send a reply.

for how long you have been pending?

Almost 4 months now.

Thanks for the answer Surya. My employer sent a request letter two weeks ago to know the reason behind such a delay, still waiting for MOM reply. Today marks the 3rd month of pending status.

i got mine today.

That was pretty fast. Congrats!!!

Congrats... mine is pending almost 4month(103 days) ... ha ha

Congrats! My new passport has been delayed.

daydreamkid wrote:

Congrats! My new passport has been delayed.

my old passport number was registered in the in principal approval letter. i think it will be updated upon issuing the workpass card.

I got my new passport yesterday and provided it to the agency's HR.

My Epass application is 5 months pending now. :)

Saravanankk_vnr wrote:

Congrats... mine is pending almost 4month(103 days) ... ha ha

what agency?

TomSawyer321 wrote:

My Epass application is 5 months pending now. :)

What agency?

Collabera, bro. how about yours?

I will ask my employer to withdraw my application, they are on the watch list of MOM, so meaning to say they are in the low priority in the processing of Visa. I've red that news in Channel News Asia Singapore, that some employer are in the low priority due to not following the fair policy for hiring locals. I will look for another Employer :)

ITCan...

Congrats @mresp  ! , from which consultancy  you have applied your EP? mine is pending from last two weeks.

my ep approved today..... :)

Congrats! Could you share your info pls? Years of experience etc etc?

10 years exp in IT, applied through some consultancy

Hi Shiv, How long totally it took for EP processing of yours.

duttgirish wrote:

Hi Shiv, How long totally it took for EP processing of yours.

May I know how long have you been waiting (if you are)?

15 weeks

duttgirish wrote:

15 weeks

were you offered a job by a body shop company?

Comtel Solutions  :/

What's the total duration it took for processing ?

Hi everyone, just thought I'd share my experience with the EP approval to help give some insight. While I was waiting, I found this forum really helped as I got to see that others were waiting in my same situation.

I'm 24 y/o American and got a job offer at Grab in Singapore as an app designer. Salary is over the minimum requirement. The entire approval process took 8 weeks. Frustrating thing is that the only thing you can do is wait it out - contacting your employer or MOM for updates is usually futile as the process just takes time. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Hey everyone,

Just an update for me, got my EP in 12 working days :)

Good luck for everyone who is currently waiting for their EP.

Congratulations, Goldskull!
Just for the record: May I ask if you are of Chinese ancestry, by any chance?
If so, that would explain the quick and painless approval.

He is an Indonesian, whose S pass was rejected earlier but then HR revised his salary and then applied an EP.

Hi Goldskull, I would request you to provide the details experience and processes which you had gone through before your EP got approved (which you had discussed personally with me through private message past two months). The reason of requesting is to help others who are seeking similar information would help greatly. Thanks

Hi beppi and surya2k,

Yes, I am an Indonesian male 23 yo. 3-4 years of experience and work in design/IT. My S Pass with company A was rejected and then I looked for another opportunity again and 2 months (or less) later I got another offer from company B, but this time I got an offer which I meet the salary requirement from self assessment tool :) So the second application was with different company actually :)

With the help from this forum, I asked my HR loads of question like almost pestering them ha. I asked about whether they have posted the job ad on the jobbank, which they did. So perhaps if all things are fine and are according to the MoM guidelines, it should be fast?

Honestly, 12 working days were long enough for me to wait tbh :) but I'm glad it's over now and it's a happy ending. Good luck everyone.

Oh also, thanks for both of ya beppi and surya2k for bearing with me silly questions.