Long Term EU Residence and Fiancé Visa

Hi, Everybody!

I am new to this forum and I really hope I can get an answer to my confusing situation. I am a permanent resident in Italy (I am originally Indonesian) and about to apply for fiancé visa in Norway. As a permanent resident of an EU country I am entitled to the right of staying in Norway without visa for 90 days out of 180 days, but I have just checked the processing time of the fiancé visa on the UDI site and it said that it could take up to 4 months. My question is : After I submit the application for fiancé visa, am I allowed to continue staying in Norway after 90 days have passed or do I have to go back to Italy and wait for the final verdict? Another question is : I have a Bachelor degree in Information Technology, does it qualify me as a skilled worker?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,  Since you have a bachelor degree, if you have a job offer, you can apply for a skilled worker.  The time taken for processing is very fast, approximately 10 working days.

I am unsure what happen if you do not have a job offer yet.  Maybe you can apply for a job seeker visa instead?  someone else need to answer this question for you.

and according to my understanding, once you have submitted your application of fiance visa, you can stay to wait for your approval decision.  You must, however, make sure you do not leave Norway during that time.

Thanks fornight for your kind reply. I just called the UDI and they confirm that with my Bachelor Degree I am qualified as skilled worker, thus I can stay in Norway while waiting for my fiancé visa application to be processed. Yaaaayyyyyyyy!

That is great.  Make sure you get your skilled worker visa approved first before submitting your fiance visa.  They do not process two applications at the same time.  If you submit both at the same time, they will only process the latest one and treat the other one as void.

Hhhmmmm... The lady to whom I talked to at the UDI mentioned that I should only attach the certificate of my Bachelor Degree to my fiancé visa application and that I need not apply for any other visa. She also confirmed that I would not be allowed to work while my fiancé visa application is being processed.

I don't think she is explaining it correctly for you.

Yes, you can wait in Norway for your fiance visa.   That is a legitimate reason to stay in Norway, irregardless if you have a degree or not.  attaching your degree to your fiance visa is just something to tell the norway UDI that you are capable of finding a job and will not leech on their welfare system.  That gives them a positive note to approve your fiance visa.

But should your fiance visa is not approved, you can apply for skilled worker visa.  This you need a degree.