Hope EP/S Pass Approved in 2017

Hello, you mentioned in one of your previous messages that you had applied on the 10th of Nov. can you advise if it was 10th or 14th? Regards

Dear All, I am new to this forum. My new employer applied for my EP application on the 28th of November, 2017 using an agent. The status still shows as pending. I have been living in sungapore continuously for the last 3 years and have been working here, give-or-take, since 2012. I have had 5 EPs issued new or renewed to me in this time but this time the wait appears to be endless. I am in the oil and gas industry, have degrees from some of the TOP universities in India (IIT, ISB etc) and my offered salary is about 11 to 12 times higher than the basic minimum required under the new EP rules. Still, I am at my wits' end wondering why it's taking so much time. Would truly appreciate if the experts on this forum could help by throwing some light on the above. Kind Regards

PS: My PR Application was rejected earlier this July after a “Pending” period of 9 months and 3 weeks.

Each time MoM takes application of a candidate with its merit, market condition, job description and employer's background. So, it's difficult to tell why this time it's taking longer days.

Changing job often in 3 to 4 years is certainly not a good sign but looking at your salary indication (assuming your salary around $40,000 per month - 11 times of min salary cap for EP is $3600) that you must be holding a good position. Have patience and wait for the outcome. Good luck

Dear Surya, thanks for your reply. I would like to clarify that my employer throughout the last 5 EP approvals was the same. The frequent renewals were because of the expensive nature of my services and hence one yearly contract renewals. I have now been offered a 3 year contract ( and hence a 3-year EP Term application) and have been offered a Senior VP position. Kind Regards

Sorry for misunderstanding earlier when you said got EP and renewal 3 to 4 times. Then you shouldn't be worried as delay could be due to less workforce at MoM office during festive season or number of pending applications gone up. A renewal of an EP shouldn't take more than 2 to 3 weeks (in your case). Hope you will receive good news in coming week. Cheers

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Surya! Wish your best wishes will bear fruit :) Kind Regards

Multiple issues you have, I have doubt that ICA might have shared your historical data with MoM.  In separate note, with 6 years of experience, your salary should be above $3000.

tanghao: whom are you referring? Next time mention the name when you are answering so that it will reach to concern person. I don't think you are referring to lee_480 (latest conversation was with lee_480). Thanks

It feels surreal. 28 days have gone by and my EP status still shows as "Pending". I earnestly wish that it's just because of the Holiday Season.  :sosad:

Average EP processing time is above 28 days at the moment. This has nothing to do with holidays. Be patient!

Dear Bappi

Our HR has today receive a query from the MOM stating that the company needs to provide information as to why the company needs this candidate e.g. special skill sets that can't be found locally.

They have to send the reply within the next 10 days. Any pointers on what specifically they might be interested in knowing beyond my professional experience, educational qualifications etc?

My present employer is a Sister company of my erstwhile employer and is a part of the same business group. I have been in employment with the Sister company for the last 8.5 years and am now being transferred to the present company. Kind Regards

The MoM request shows that they have doubts that the company cannot hire a similarly skilled local instead of you.
They must show that they have unsuccessfully searched for locals, and that the position is needed for the company's long-term plans in Singapore (which will create more local jobs).

Hi All,
Just want to share,

Currently I work as engineer with 8 years experince and hold degree from reputable uni.
I just move SG and get EP already very fast, it get approved by online application for about 2 weeks last December before I come to SG, then only need 3 days to make the EP card.

Your HR should do that then all you need only wait. Indeed the company must prove they already looking local SG ppl to filling the vacant position, but can't find after several months. And also before higher foreigner, company must hire few local SG ppl first.

Good luck for all of you who apply for work pass, keep patience and you will get it if all the requirment is fulfil.

Cheers!

Hi, everyone here. I have got a job offer in QC line. My employer helps me to apply EP even though my salary is not enough SGD 3600, is SGD 2500, but I am a degree holder from Malaysia Local U.  The EP has been applied on 8 Jan 2018 and still pending until now.Do you all think I will succeed to get the EP?

Thanks.

Nobody will ever get an EP below the salary threshold.
However, it is possible that your employer on the application form ticked the checkbox "Please consider for S-Pass if ineligible for EP" (or similar wording). In that case you will have a chance to get an S-Pass instead.

Thanks for the explanation. Hope can get some good news from MOM.

Ask your employer whether they also applied for an S-Pass for you.
If not, better look for another job.
No, wait: Better look for another job in any case - because the market rate for a fresh graduate (IF your degree is recognised) is S$3600 and with that much less you are very unlikely to be approved even for an S-Pass. (Why would you want to work for less than your value anyway?)

Hi, Beppi. Thanks for your reply.

I think it is not so good if I look for other jobs in Singapore now since my EP is still pending for 4 weeks unless my EP or S pass is rejected. It will be more confused if I managed to get an offer, then two applications for S pass in MOM and I need to cancel one of it.

SGD 2500 is enough for me in Singapore. I will gain my experience there first.

I also feel very panic and tired since I have attended many interviews in Singapore, but end up only get this offer and now MOM is the obstacle :(

S$2500/month might be enough for you - but MoM will not allow foreigners to undercut the local  pay standards (and by doing so, create hardship for local citizens).
Please report back here if you are rejected or approved in the end.
Good luck!

Dear Beppi,

I have asked the agency , they do have ticked the column for S Pass if EP is unsuccessful.

Since I have fulfil the S pass criteria, hope can get good news from MOM next week.

Will reply here once I get the notice from MOM.

Thanks.

There is no question about if EP will be successful or not, cause your application doesn't meet EP eligible criteria. So, your application will be considered only for S pass. Secondly, as Beppi already informed you that salary $2500 is at lower end, if your experience is counted. I would read it that you will be very lucky if your S pass gets approved. Best of luck.

Hai.. can i know how to apply s/pass for vietnamese in SG?? And what document needed.help pls..

S-Pass (like all work passes) needs to be applied for by an employer who wants to hire you. They will let you know which documents are required.