Being an Overweight Expat

I saw always see expats here talk about McDonalds and Pizza Hut and Pizza Hut Delivery (PHD) and if not, then talk about deep fried snacks on the side of the road.

Well no wonder you are overweight.

Here in Bali, and especially in Ubud we have so much delicious local food. Most of my expat friends eat either local food or western food from nice restaurants with a balance of legumes and meat. I saw that most of them are healthy looking and good complexion and quite slim, the same as me. Yes some are a bit more plump but that is maybe they do not take an exercise.

But when living in hot countries like Indonesia and being fat or overweight, it can be dangerous for peoples older. After 45 years of age it is safer to stop eating those fast foods. Wearing sloppy clothes and being fat is horrible. Try to stop eating street food snacks that have been deep fried and contain mostly oil and batter.

People older than 45 years can take Casprin or half aspirin everyday as it will reduce risk of heart disease. Do some exercise or at least walking minimum.

Eat more local food but not too much of fried variety. Eat more fish and chicken. Less pork if you live in Bali.

Leaving this world too early because of bad eating habit and having an overweight body and wearing sloppy clothes type person is not good idea when you have a partner and young children. And being slim means less sweating in the humidity so you won't need to take many showers everyday.

Think positive, think slim, think healthy, don't be a fat slob and slave of fast foods.

How wise your words are saintjean.

But it's not just limited to expats. I went out with this guy who spent all his time online, I guess you could call him a couch potato except he used a chair and not a couch. He ate lots of fast food and I just got sick of seeing his flabby body in front of his computer chomping away at a burger. I ended up going out for walks by myself and got so sick of the sight of him that I asked him to move out.

One reason for wanting to move to Bali is because of it's nature and outdoor life. I heard there is a lot of healthy Balinese food and cannot wait to do some rafting and hiking. What a paradise is Bali.

And now, for an entirely different, and rather eloquently written view point of overweight Ubud based expats...I offer this...

https://passionfruitcowgirl.wordpress.c … -fly-cafe/:):):):)

Ubudian wrote:

And now, for an entirely different, and rather eloquently written view point of overweight Ubud based expats...I offer this...

https://passionfruitcowgirl.wordpress.c … -fly-cafe/:):):):)

Get drunk, crash bikes, yoga and quiz nights ... arrrrggggggggggggg

I only knew it wasn't England because there were no drugs, no sex in the car park, and smoking would be illegal so someone would have called the cops.

I will now dream of my tea, a nice dish of rice with some veggie and one of the fermented foods, probably fried in a nice sauce; after all, I don't want to get fat.
As for yoga, not my cup of tea as there's no blood and hitting people so I'll stick to tae kwon do.
The latter is a very nice way of keeping in shape and, here's the bonus, you can kick people in the head legally - tell me that isn't fun.

Haha...you are such a neanderthal, Fred :)

Ug, hit woman on head drag back to cave for wife and make babies.
Preferabley man child

Luv your style amigo...always have, and always will!

Cheers, and selamat (the selamat for you know what).   ;)