Job salary as Hotel Reservations / BPO industry in Oman

Hi all,

I am currently working as a Hotel Reservations agent in our country (Philippines) and considering working in Oman on March. My parents work in Muscat and they've been working for 3-4 years now.

I'm trying to get prices and ideas on how much the average salary cost in hospitality industry specifically hotel reservations and its possible service charges. Also will I be able to get accommodation like food allowance and shelter? And also if you can give me ideas for Call centre jobs in the area as well.

And how much is the cost of living? is it high? I would like to know how much it would cost me to buy a new phone because bringing my post-paid phone in the country is no good. 2nd hand is fine as I don't necessarily need a brand new one, as long as its an iPhone 6s.

And what do people wear? Do they wear normal clothes like in most countries or very strict?

Hoping for your soonest response. :)

Camille

Hi ccdolar,

There is a sizeable population of Filipino expatriates living all across Oman, even more so in Muscat. Notably, they can be seen associated more with the service industry.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the salary bracket, accommodation, food allowances, etc for the position you have mentioned. Am sure someone from within that industry would be more qualified to comment on that. However, I can help you with some other information.

There is no such thing in Oman called as ‘Call Centre' jobs. Almost all are outsourced, except an odd outfit here or there. But none anywhere near professional standards or quality.

The cost of living here would depend on your comparison against which country. You should ideally connect with one of your country mates through private message here and get a first-hand report from them.

Regarding clothing, dressing modestly in public is the norm. Nothing revealing or with skin showing. Both for men and for women. Women of Asian origin have a rather difficult time when they are in public. More so, if they are alone.

Well, since your parents are already here why would you even want to ask some strangers when your parents could give you the best answers ?!?