Marrying a Tunisian man

Tunisian men are free to marry whoever they like & are not forbidden by their parents to do that. I too look for this & I hope to find a nice companion with whome I restart my life after my first wife's death so that I can take care of my 2.5 years old orphaned daughter

Insha'allah you are blessed with a good mate soon!

Dear LGhaz,
Thanks for your wish. I hope you help me find a new mate soon with your experience . Please don't hesitate to guide your brother ...

HI
I am so sorry for your loss and for your little baby , I do hope you will keep your late wife's memory alive for your little girl .
I do hope and Pray for you both ,and you find what you are looking for .

Regards

Denise

****alarm bells****i fell for all this, I married a Tunisian and first he was a devoted loving loyal sincere man. He got his visa eventually and moved here. Stayed to get his British citizenship,  we had two daughters. Oh my god, down the line I found him to be the most EVIL, manipulating compulsive liar. I have now got his debts placed as charged on my property ( this was my house before I married him) i have no jewellery as he stole it and sold it. So much stress that nasty thing has caused me and my family. I was warned but thought I knew what I was doing, he seemed genuine and I've learned a very harsh lesson. Never have I wanted to turn the clock back as much as I do now. I despise the cruelty and vicious person I was married to. I divorced him and he only recently sees our daughters. His love goes in this order. 1st himself (2nd his mum, then siblings and nothing will chang that, he used to say how he loved me and not to believe all the stories I heard about Tunisian makes marrying for a life in England. He would diss this behaviour and tell me he wasn't like that and he promised me the world in his love.... yeah right! and believe me I have met loads of Tunisian males as I went 3-4 times a year when we were married, I can spot them a mile off now . believe in your intuition , if it don't feel right don't do it. You've been warned

I am so sorry to hear about your rat of an ex-husband , I am with a Tunisian guy and I am starting to have doubts . I have bought him lovely presents ,when I want over to stay for two  weeks.
he said he only wanted Nike training shoes and a hat by Nike , I bought him shorts and a shirt and they bugger give them back . he said I no like them they are for old man .
I have sent him money for doctors and money to help him get work, I paid for the apartment  and food and drink for two weeks . This time I have got his Christmas boxes I must have spent 300 ,he told me  on the phone sell all presents on eBay and I only want the galaxy s8 .
I TOLD HIM that is so bloody ungrateful,   I lost my temper and said look you don't answer the phone to me though the day . you cut me off every time I only get our FaceTime  call at 11 or 12 at night
,when I ask what you have been doing to day you tell me I am crazy I ask stupid questions .
so I think  know I no this will be the end of it . we had plans for to buy a taxi and open a restaurant ,
build a house on his land and make a little farm . I will not be investing in that he said we will be married once we have done all this . you will be my wife for ever lol .don't get me wrong I wanted to believe this I do love him but the warning bells are ringing loud and clear .

Hi , So tired to read about ”married with a Tunisian” .
What are expecting from the person
-    A boy much younger than you.
-    Poor and No education, no regular job.
If I was that person,  I will do the same thing. I will lie, cheat, steal to make my life better.

Ok  let me tell you this , there are many women of a  certain  age that go looking for young men .. I am not one of them
I met my friend on the dating sight , I said no to him many times . He had a job at the time , as time want on and we spoke every night . I fell in love with him I am well aware he and his family don't have the money . My comment yesterday if you can read correctly .
Stated that he was ungrateful it was not a  designer  name . I love him but I expect to be treated with respect .
Before I left I made sure I bought the family bags of shopping . So don't You bloody put me down for my comments . And just for your information. These women or most of them or lonely. And these dirty scum bags play on that . Some or in it with there family and even wives . So stick that in your pipe and smoke it .

I have met my Tunis love since 2016, IV took the risk to go see him in June all by my self and it was the best time of my life sad to say but I think tunisa is way  way safer than America. Hardest part was when I left he and I was crying knowing I had to go back it  was hard leaving him. I fell in love his family and they fell in love with me and  I really truly found my love and my soulmate! 2018th of June I'll soon be his wife, and yes I'm 10 years older than him and I have two kids from previous marriage, his family accept my kids and they love them too death. You will know when you really feel in love, and when your not,
Not all men in tunisia are bad,I found my soulmate and the weird is definitely our similarities are 10000% is Sometimes it's scary but neat in a way. I plan to go again in March to plan our wedding, I was supposed to go in December but tickets are expensive, and June or wedding!!!

Agree 100%, when i joined this site, my intention was to meet expat, discus different experiences and to get a new friends.

Hi Nicole,
Can I kindly ask if we can chat privately.
A little about me. I am Aussie living in Melbourne and also older than my Tunisian fiancee. We met online and we have met twice in person. I am divorced and have 2 children. I Want to share my story with u and to see how everything is going with you and your fiance.

Iman

This can be true...

Yes

Follow your  Heart live the moment dont care about those boys who give negative advices..im tunisian and i knew alot who have nice life and very faithful with their eu or american partner even 12 years difference..if he love you he cant run away specially when he find you are his second part he cant look away

Come jesuka visit him follow your heart dont care about the negative things they will say you are young girl you will have nice moment in tunisia :)

Hi. Yes it's the thrue !!! Without exception ! It's a trap without exception! Never marry you with a young man of Maghreb. Sometimes families are complicit in this system which consist to enjoy all the benefits of getting married with Europenne! Then after divorce and children can stay in Tunisia. It's the father who has all the rights. I am Europeen and I live in Tunisia since 6 years... I know very well this system... There are professionnels of lover ! Exist association for depend the woman in Tunisia against this fléau (scourge ?). Excuse me for my Bad English. I have been a friend woman wich two years fell into the trap with his lover and his Family. Their are all professionnels liers !
especially don't give never or send money.
Otherwhise, their are djiadistes Who look at to come in Europe !
I know a lot of young Man in Tunisia. I am often Their confidant and Tell me all theirs technics for trap the woman European !
Their are a lot of documentaries en internet about this subject (théme).
Stay free from yourself during It Is again possible.

Hi everyone,

Note that some posts have been removed from this thread.

Thank you

Chris
Expat.com

I'm an American living in Tunisia with my Tunisian husband. We are happy and in love. Despite the negativity surrounding Tunisian men there are exceptions to every rule.
Know the warning signs.
Know the rules of their games.
Know it's a possibility that he could be playing you.
But also know that good people and bad people exist everywhere.
My husband and I are the same age. He would never take my money, it is against his beliefs to have his wife provide the income.
I was never married before; neither was he.
I have no children, and neither does he.
I was still cautious of  the situation, I was careful not to let my feelings get in the way of my better judgment.
I'm not saying that love can not concur obstacles or age differences but you should know the culture of Tunisians and then make an informed opinion of your situation.

-Rio

It couldn't have been said any better...

I am sorry... In fact, there are bad and good persons in all the world. But the big misery no exist all the word...  And the dictature no exist all the world ! The sex tourism no exist all the world. You don't very well the Tunisia... Only the good vision because you live good here, protect with your mary. You are money etc...
But do you know that 9/10 young man in this country make the prostitution, sex tourism or white wedding look ??? Espacially the gay young but also the young not gay now... All it's possible...
It's not my problem but it is not maybe worth taking risks !
Look at the documentary... Come with me in the association... Come with me speak in the café to speak and to help the youngs mans... !!! And you will sea the real reality... the other side of post card.
No, it's naive to tell it's the same things all the world !!! I have been lived in differents country but the Senegal, Maroc, Tunisia, Cote d'Ivoire in Africa and Thailande in Asia and Republique Dominicaine in Caraïbes are the first destination country for the sex tourism white wedding, prostitution not expansive, etc...
A man to warn is worth two....

vad pepole is everywhere liars is in france just u must becarful and be clever

It's not the subject Bilel. Of course exist lier and Bad person all the world !!! But for not the same reason ! I I answeared At a person here for young Man Tunisian Who wanted to marry With a old woman américan !
There are not tourism sexual in France ! Prostitution yes ! With the woman of the Est European... 
I do not judge. I say the specificities of each culture or country. Thé générality aren't interessants.
The Lawson and behaviors humain  are not the same from one country to another...
Look the person in the road ! Look the dirty in the beach and in the street !
The prostitution woman is allowed by the state but we put the gays in prison. We marry women with their
You know that all ! Etc.......
I don't like the france and I don't want Tell the france It is better ! But I can critic the reality in Tunisie and others countries I know well !

Don't believe that the Tunisie it Is again a dictature... ! The most Tunisian prefered the Life before... !
They are not always  Liberties ! And the misery It Is more Big now ! It's more dangerous !
I live in Tunisia for many years ! And I can speak With objectivity of this country because I am not Tunisian. I Will write à book soon on my experience and many testimonies of Tunisian... And the evolution or not evolution the laws since the Revolution and the change or not...

I will leave Tunisia very soon now. Of course there are good things in this country: cooking, the people who sing and dance despite the misery, the struggle, the smell of jasmine and orange blossoms, the welcome of foreigners, (even if it is superficial), solidarity, family values ​​etc ... But I will still hit that Tunisians are very proud to be Tunisians (do not criticize their country or religion too much) but most of them all want to flee finally their country when you bring them in confidence ... And they do not like that their country! But I keep explaining to them that Europe is only an illusion for them because far from being a better model!

Je vais quitter la Tunisie très bientôt maintenant. Bien sûr il y a de bonnes choses dans ce pays: la cuisine, les gens qui chantent et dansent malgré la misère, la lutte, l'odeur du jasmin et des fleurs d'oranger, l'accueil des étrangers, (même si c'est superficiel), la solidarité, les valeurs familiales Etc ... Mais je vais quand même dire que si les Tunisiens sont très fiers d'être tunisiens (ne critiquez pas trop leur pays ou leur religion) la plupart d'entre eux veulent fuir enfin leur pays quand vous les amener dans les confidences ... Et ils n'aiment pas tant que autant leur pays leur pays qu'ils voudraient le faire croire aux étrangers comme une certai E honte de ce qu'est devenu leur pays. Mais je continue à leur expliquer que l'Europe (et surtout la France) n'est qu'une illusion pour eux car bien loin d'être un meilleur modèle!

BONNE ANNEE  A TOUS DANS LE PAYS QUI VOUS CONVIENDRA LE MIEUX.

Hi everyone,

@Francetunisie,
Since this is an english speaking forum could you please post in English only. You can access the francophone forum by switching the flags in the top right corner on the banner,

Happy new year everyone

Chris
Expat.com

that goes back to your decision and how your relation is going . if you love each other then don't worry

yes sure tunisia too is not better place but this boy have a point maybe he in love for real cuz fall in love is not abt age can be real and can be for visa

I have been to Tunisia many times it is safe.

Just to let everyone know I have decided to end my relationship. It has been since August. I appreciate all advices given to me.

Dont do it!! save yourself a lot of headaches you will regret it they are all fake... Find some arab guy from your country their everywhere now a days

Why did you end it? you are very smart

Your going to get use , his only after the green card I promise you that all of them are the same ..his family faked everything you will see dont do it ..i bet you anything he doesn't have a job or a car

Find someone from your country and stay there,

Nicole,

you shouldn't put the wedding off.  If he never asked for anything or even if he has asked for something. Love is all about giving and taking. It's not all about what other people say or want. It's all about you and what you want.

If you love this man and really wanna be with him then stick with it. Follow your heart because it will never give you the wrong direction. From the way you express it, i think this man loves you more than a lot. Don't give up. Many people will say Tunisia people are Muslim and that they just want papers. Well that counts but not everyone. Just as not all your 5 fingers are the same right?

You wanna be with him then go for him. Don't wait , unless you want him to be taken.

Regards

Samuel

why you ending your relationship? Because of the comments? You must be out of your mind. When you started in August none of these people were there.  When the guy did everything for you, none of these members were there as well.

Are you just going to let what you've worked for because people talk about green card?

Lets try this:

What if he gets to the U.S and you stay with him for maybe 4 years or something without him getting his papers, just to see if his altitude will change. Or maybe set a trap or something to see if he's indeed genuine. There you will know.

Come on, you're a woman and i shouldn't be telling you this. Only you know him better than any of us. Follow your heart. If you wanna let go then that's okay. But let your decision don't be your regret girl. Think about it and pray over it for God to show you the way.  Because you might let go the right one and jump into the wrong one.

Hi everyone,

Since the initiator has ended her relationship, it is better that we close this topic.

NicoleAyedi wrote:

Just to let everyone know I have decided to end my relationship. It has been since August. I appreciate all advices given to me.

Thanks for understanding and thanks everyone for your contribution.

Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[ Topic closed ]

Closed