Permanent Visa 'Declarations' Requirements

Hi! I'm a foreigner, who married a Brazilian in Brazil. When applying for my permanent resident visa while in Brazil at the Policia Federal, I need to furnish 2 declarations: 1) Declaração de não condenação penal no Brasil ou no exterior and 2) Declaração de que os cônjuges não estão separados de fato.

There are 2 types available at the Cartorio 1) instrumento particular and 2) público. The first costs about 100Reais each and the 2nd around 400Reais.

Do you know which one is required.

Thank you!

Abraços,
Quinny

When I applied the PF had the declarations. I just had to fill them out and sign them.

That would be great! How long ago did you apply for your permanent visa?

If you have all the required documents you are approved on the spot. Your CIE will arrive in about 60 days.

I applied in September 2013. It is still the same.

The forms are available at the Federal Police (DPF) and specific to the state you are in. Go there first and ask for the forms. Then go to a Cartorio de Notas. Fill out the forms beforehand but sign them while you are there. State that you want "Reconhecer firma por Autenticidade". Don't get the cheaper "Reconhecer firma por semelhança" as the DPF won't accept that apparently. Then take those two declarations back to the DPF with your other documents. I think you will find this is about R$50~ per person to first get registered at the Cartorio, then about R$7 per form. After that you can go back to the same Cartorio and not need to do the registration again. You'll need your IDs to be registered e.g. passport/brasilian ID.

I was handed the forms bu the PF officer I filled them out signed them and gave them right back no fees or visits to cartorio. I guess it must be the discretion of the officer. I dealt with an officer and not a contract worker.

Jim

I'm an English citizen and I'm now living permanently in Brasil with my partner and working legally.

I suggest you dont get married yet. marriage costs a lot of money and if im not mistaken you have to be married for 5 years before your visa becomes permanent and until then is only valid as long as you are married.

A much easier and faster way is the Uniao Estavel.
Its cheap, quick and instantly permanent. But by law it's actually almost the same as marriage documents. And would give you more time to sort out weddings and things so you dont have to rush it. Also it means you can get all of your permanent documents sorted within a few months instead of having to go back to the fed police every so often for the next five years.

You can ask at the cartorio about it and they can explain better.
I did mine this way and after finding out about it I even had my ID and workers card within a few months.

I hope that helps.... :)

Hi Kat.

Please note that in Brazil you are granted permanency immediately upon getting married.  The process is similar to união estável.

There are 3 major differences:

A.  Since you are applying for permanency AED on Marriage you will need to produce a marriage certificate

B.  If you get married you are eligible to apply for the Brazilian nationality after 1 years time of you receiving your permanency.

C.  You do not require a criminal certificate from your home country as the Policia Federal asks you to sign a declaration stating that you do not have any criminal charges against you.

The amount of time to receive the permanency is the same as União Estável.  Usually they give you the protocolo which is valid for 3 months and within 60 days your CIE is available for collection from the Policia Federal.

Boa noite,
I was at the federal police in Aracaju today and they said i needed a declarations of no criminal record also but had to get it at the consulate in Salvador. This is the last document needed. I had one i got in lagarto but they want it from the consulate. Any input or how this works. Im american in stable union with brazilian 2 years

The five year thing is a myth. Once you get your permanency you do not lose it. even by divorce.

The declaration that I signed was given to me by the federal police where I applied.  you might be dealing with a contract employee.

He said since mine was a stable union then i needed it from the consulate. That is a long way to travel to just get a statement. Trying to figure out how it works.

For Stable unions a police certificate from your home country is required and as I stated earlier when you get married they do not require the police certificate and only ask for the applicant to sign a declaration of no criminal activities.

I had to get my criminal record from my home country. Luckily in the UK it's not too difficult. You do it online and it arrives in the post.

Thank you for your reply. I think i can also get mine online and have it mailed to family member in US and then have it mailed to Brazil.

The thing is, the rules change a little depending on where you are from. They work on reciprocity basis. I'm from the UK, so I had to get my police certificate from home. So I applied online and it arrived in the post about a week later. I needed my uniao estavel certificate, birth certificate, partners original ID, a declaration from him signed at the cartorio to say that hes responsible for me, my original ID, police record check.... I think that was all (I might be missing something). I basically took it all to London to the Brasilian embasy and they sorted it. Had to pay way too much money but then they sent me everything back by post about a week later. They said I could have done it in Brasil but sometimes it can be hard because people don't know what theyre doing and they don't know how to inform you correctly.

I'll send you the website I got all the information for the documents from.

About the marriage visa, they may have changed it since 2 years ago or it might be different depending on your country of origin, but when I went to register at the PF that for my ID card I met someone who was on a permanent visa through marriage but his visa was only valid for 5 years as long as he stayed married and after that he would renew it for a fully permanent visa. I suppose it is illegal to get married purely for the visa (some do, I assume most don't.) but it's kinda hard for them to know so making it harder for people does make sense (although that doesn't explain why UE is so easy... lol)

After I got everything sorted I went for my workers card and they told me that cos my visa was based on UE I couldn't get a workers card.... which I could. They'd actually gotten that piece of information wrong. So then I had to go over there and speak to them and then they said they'd got it wrong and I could. and they gave me my card there and then. But maybe years ago you couldn't. Just shows how much they change things around and very often you need to know better than the people who actually sort these things out. Or just hope they're having a good day and help you out more.
So my advice is to always double check information (no matter who gave it to you).

Either way, I think uniao estavel is faster and more hassle free (at least it is where I live). But then it's up to you :)

Ok it looks like they've changed where the information is but I found it and it looks like the same information.
Here is the link
http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … ermanencia

It explains some general stuff and then at the bottom you choose which visa you want to go for and it will tell you all the documents you need and the forms you need to fill out first (you have to do them online before you go to your appointment)

Another thing about the appointments.... in some places you can book them in others you cant. For example at the embassy I had to have an appointment but at the Niteroi Policia Federal I couldn't make one, it was first come first serve.

On the same website you can produce the GRUs (you print it off and take it to the bank to pay the fees).

Oh! btw, when I did mine, I didn't have to have anything translated. Some stuff was in english and some in portuguese lol but the guy at the embassy obviously knew both lol

You might be better off reading it in portuguese! there are some differences in the site when you translate it to english.... the list of visas, for example, isn't coming up for me in english but its there in portuguese....

You will be required to get the documents translated into Portuguese by a Sworn translator appointed by the courts.

Thank you so much. I have all translated and legalized by the consulate but the criminal record check. Katsam did you have to get your criminal record check apostilled or legalized or just notorized.

In addition to the documents you had to get for the UE we had to get delarations from 2 persons that said we have been in relationship for 2 years and a document showing we have a joint account. Health insurance plan,and bank account. Actually there is no specific standards so it is best to call the place you are going to obtain the visa to make sure you have their required documents.

stanza51 wrote:

You will be required to get the documents translated into Portuguese by a Sworn translator appointed by the courts.

it does say that on the site and maybe I would have needed to if I had done it in brasil. But I did it in London so I didn't need to translate it... I think it's worth checking out because it would save an awful lot of money. But when in doubt always play it safe!

Cejames wrote:

Thank you so much. I have all translated and legalized by the consulate but the criminal record check. Katsam did you have to get your criminal record check apostilled or legalized or just notorized.

I didn't translate anything apart from my birth certificate (I can't remember why...) half of my documents were in english and half in portuguese.

Again, double check. It might depend on where youre doing it.

Cejames wrote:

In addition to the documents you had to get for the UE we had to get delarations from 2 persons that said we have been in relationship for 2 years and a document showing we have a joint account. Health insurance plan,and bank account. Actually there is no specific standards so it is best to call the place you are going to obtain the visa to make sure you have their required documents.

You usually need proof that you are together in order to get the UE. After you have it you don't need anything like that. Once you have the UE document in your hands you're pretty much as good as married.

Go to the cartorio and ask what you need for the UE. They might ask you for very little or even no proof at all..... it is brasil! lol!
But once you have it you've got it. I don't think you need any more proof that you're together for the visa. just the UE certificate.... and anything else on that website.

(again.... I've heard so many stories. They do change it around and a lot of the time even the authorities can give you wrong information. So always double check everything. I'm just telling you from my experience and what I went through 2 years ago.)

My documents i needed varied greatly at the PF in Aracaju. I went back there today to submit the other documents I needed. For the stable union we used a cartorio in Lagarto and i had to submit my cpf which i recieved at the Receita Ferderal,my passport, and 2 witnesses. She had to show more documents than I but dont remember.