Apartment wanted

I am moving to Acapulco.  I am having a very hard time trying to find any information about apartment or home rental by the month in Acapulco apparently all I can find is vacation information. I'm not looking to vacation in Acapulco. I am looking to move there permanently any help in this matter from anyone would be greatly appreciated thank you

why Acapulco?  I have no facts but long time residents there (ex pats) just relocated due to crime.  Might want to check it out.  No long big as a tourist destination....

yeah why ?? i have daughter in law that has house there and she says way to dangerous i can live rent free but iam in dominican republic cheap here also. crime in acapulco is crazy this year not like in past.

Hi, the best way is to look at mexican adds such as https://www.vivanuncios.com.mx/s-renta- … wAodZZkK0Q then you will be looking at long term rentals. Don't forget your visa application, it now as to start in your country of residency if you plan to live fulltime in Mexico.
Buena suerte, GyC.

Jimmyzquest wrote:

I am moving to Acapulco.  I am having a very hard time trying to find any information about apartment or home rental by the month in Acapulco apparently all I can find is vacation information. I'm not looking to vacation in Acapulco. I am looking to move there permanently any help in this matter from anyone would be greatly appreciated thank you

Some questions come to mind that may help clear things up.
How far along is your visa request?
Before is it approveed, maybe a month or two before, take a looksee trip fopr about 2 weeks.
Hire a cab by the day and look at neighborhoopds where middle and upper middle class Mexicans live.  I was lucky, I stayed at a hostel in Zacatecas owned by a guy who knew everyone in town who recommended a real estate agent and I found something adequate quickly.  After a year, it became obvious, it wasn't quite big enough.  We set out looking for something bigger.  The same real estate agent and others were no help.  We answered ads and didn't find anything after 3 weeks.  One day standing on a street corner, a gentlemen came up to us saying his mother had an apartment for rent just two blocks away.  It was better than expected in space and amenities, not to mention location.  The landlady and I got along well and she didn't raise the rent in the 4 years I was there.

Effort pays off.

Once your visa is approved, You only have a month to enter Mexico and complete more paperwork.  One thing you'll need is a local address.  What you'll find depends on where you go.  An expat colony is likely to demand higher rents than a smaller city with not enough expats to skew rents and other prices upward.

It all depends on your budget.

gudgrief wrote:
Jimmyzquest wrote:

Some questions come to mind that may help clear things up.
How far along is your visa request?
Before is it approveed, maybe a month or two before, take a looksee trip fopr about 2 weeks.
Hire a cab by the day and look at neighborhoopds where middle and upper middle class Mexicans live.  I was lucky, I stayed at a hostel in Zacatecas owned by a guy who knew everyone in town who recommended a real estate agent and I found something adequate quickly.  After a year, it became obvious, it wasn't quite big enough.  We set out looking for something bigger.  The same real estate agent and others were no help.  We answered ads and didn't find anything after 3 weeks.  One day standing on a street corner, a gentlemen came up to us saying his mother had an apartment for rent just two blocks away.  It was better than expected in space and amenities, not to mention location.  The landlady and I got along well and she didn't raise the rent in the 4 years I was there.

Effort pays off.

Once your visa is approved, You only have a month to enter Mexico and complete more paperwork.  One thing you'll need is a local address.  What you'll find depends on where you go.  An expat colony is likely to demand higher rents than a smaller city with not enough expats to skew rents and other prices upward.

It all depends on your budget.

Based on my friend, he moved on September 28th, the mexican consulate in Montreal gave him an appointment on September 15th and got is one time visa the same day since he had all the required documents. Then, on September 30th he went to the INM in Zihuatanejo after 3 days he got is official visa de residente temporal. The system is getting better and better.
Yes, "gudgrief's" comment is a valid one regarding the searching process. Good luck again, GyC.

Wow, that's a big change.  The only concern, then would be how much a hotel would cost temporarily or moving household goods if that's part of the plan.  It might even be better to sell everything and buy new.