Surge protection

Hello,
wondering if folks are using whole house surge protection on their electrical panel, plus plug in surge protection for washing machines and fridges, if so any particular brands

thanks

Hello dinosinc,

The degree of surge protection needed depends on the qualify of electricity in the area you live. Are there many fluctuations (high or lows) of the voltage coming into your home? If the electricity is stable than some just protect their computers and TVs. If it is not then alternative products may be required. TRACE is a good brand found locally.

We use a whole house surge protector as well as individual ones on certain electronics.  I can say the whole house protector did it's job twice when our house was hit by lightening.  We bought a US brand (no sure which one on either ebay or amazon) and had it shipped to us here.

Bob K

To surge protection, the brand that I'm using is Bestek. The advantage of bestek surge protector is there are dc and ac ports. When you are using this tool, you can using this tool, you can charge any tool and protect it. Maybe now you can get it in a cheaper price. Since there is a discount activity about it on Amazon. You can search bestek surge protector on Amazon now. Wish this point is helpful to you. Best regards.

I'm with Bob on this one.  I use an Eaton whole home surge protector, some individual ones on some electronics and a UPS on my computer.  Just to note, the individual surge protectors and the UPS were burnt out after one strike but protected my computer.  I then put in a whole home SP and so far everything has been good.  You can check this link for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU9o37e__kQ