Live Well, Travel Well - Hello all

Hello Expat-Bloggers!

My name is Dale and 6 months ago I moved to Egypt with my girlfriend "Civilian" to "teach" English in Cairo. Yes I put quotation marks around teach because I am not a real teacher. Hope the school doesn't find out.

My blog will focus on some of my experiences in Egypt as well as my experiences building my new travel social network, Trekdek. You can read all this on my blog at trekdek.wordpress.com .

Until next time...

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved your discussion on the Cairo forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

PARENTS BEWARE!!!

Trekdekdale wrote:

Hello Expat-Bloggers!

Yes I put quotation marks around teach because I am not a real teacher. Hope the school doesn't find out.

My blog will focus on some of my experiences in Egypt as well as my experiences building my new travel social network, Trekdek. You can read all this on my blog at trekdek.wordpress.com .

Until next time...

Cheers,

Dale

You got to be kidding me!

Let's put this in perspective. You are not trained to be a "teacher" .. and yet are comfortable with the idea of 'forming young minds'. Where art tho Integrity???

And you do not see shame in BLOGGING about your experiences - on how you scammed parents and children!!

Where is your sense of responsibility?

Can you imagine the damage you will incur on a generation. It's like a doctor saying in a sheepish giggle "I ain't no doctor - but who cares."

AND you invite us to read up on your blog!!!!!

What is happening in this world when individuals with your retarded reasoning justify the 'means to any end'.

Nothing to cheer about, Dale.

Reflect on this perspective - and do what you must. Resign.

Dear "Who"

Let me clarify what I mean when I said I'm not a "real teacher" and that I hope the school doesn't find out.

1. I don't have a masters degree in education. I have a BA in International Affairs.

2. My teaching experience prior to this year has been as a tutor to French students in an after school program, and as a Kaplan SAT teacher.

3. My most recent occupation was being a military officer. Being a teacher is not what I intend to do as a career following this year.

4. The school, my students, and their parents are perfectly aware of my qualifications.

I would love to know what you think a real teacher is. Maybe if you read my blog you would understand what my "retarted reasoning" is.

Cheers,

Dale

Dale ,
Most of teacheers here are not real even in the best universities and school
hehe i just wish u r a good teacher ,not  a must to be real
i like ur blog too

yea...don't you see all the posts here almost on a weekly basis asking for native English speakers even without teaching experience please send your CV..ect..it's nothing new how do you think most Expats make a living in  Egypt..we cant ALL be holding a teaching degree...

cairo-soccer wrote:

Dale ,
Most of teacheers here are not real even in the best universities and school
hehe i just wish u r a good teacher ,not  a must to be real
i like ur blog too

:D nice one.

Who, I understand you have strong feelings about this and obviously value integrity highly, but it's best not to criticise people so harshly without knowing their full story or putting it in the relevant social context ;)

To all those who came to my defense:

Thanks! Always nice to hear a kind word.

Cheers,

Dale